Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Review and Interview with D.L. King and her Naughty Anthology Seductress


Demons are oh-so welcome in my chambers any night of the week..even if they leave in chains and leather!! I've run across a real demon treasure entitled Seductress, but first let's take a look at the mind behind the book.  Say hello to D.L. King and see how she fared on THE RACK:

Hello and Welcome to The Dungeon!  I’m so happy to have you here visiting and sharing your newest work.  Don’t mind the noise from the prison… err guests, they get noisy during their…treatments..lol. Let me clear a spot so you can have a seat.  Would you like some refreshments before you get started?
Oh, yes, thank you! I’d love a glass of port.  Ah, that’s lovely.


Tell us a little bit about your book.
Seductress: Erotic Tales of Immortal Desire is an anthology of succubus erotica.  There are twenty-one stories by both established masters of erotica, as well as new writers – or at least, new to me.  Now, here’s something interesting: Succubi, by their very nature tend to be dominant.  Even if they’re trying to convince the guy they’re seducing that they’re submissive, really, they’re all a bunch of femme dommes.  When I first thought of the idea of succubus erotica, I didn’t realize that.  Can you imagine?  Me, a dominant woman, and I didn’t realize that succubi were also dominant?


What first sparked the idea for the anthology?
I had just finished Richelle Mead’s succubus series, which I really loved, and I started thinking about the idea of succubus erotica.  Then I got hooked on the television show, Lost Girl, which is pretty damned erotic!  Originally a Canadian show, I was lucky enough to have been introduced to it by some very good Canadian friends before it came to American television.  It was about then I started thinking the time might be right for some hot succubus stories.


Which story do you think will have people talking?
That’s a tough question.  I don’t think I can pick just one.  It kind of depends on what you’re into.  The first story, “Harvest” by Aurelia T. Evans is one of my favorites.  Here’s a boy who definitely gets more than he bargains for but finds it’s exactly what he needs.  Then, if you’re hooked on social media, I know you’re going to love “Phone Hex” by Elizabeth Thorne.  Man, I wish someone would invent an app like that!  Kaysee Renee Robichaud’s story, “A Surprising Summons” is a lovely, bitter sweet tale but be warned, it might cause you to shed a tear or two.  And if you want scary-hot, there’s nothing better than “The Girl on the Egyptian Escalator” by N J Streitberger.


How would you rate the sex scenes throughout the stories?
Well, of course, they’re all really hot.  You have to remember, this is erotica.  And not only is it erotica, but it’s erotica edited by me.  I make sure that writers know, before they ever submit a story, I don’t want them pulling any punches.  My aim, when I’m putting together an anthology, is to give the reader extremely well-written erotica that’s sure to excite.  As I’ve said about Seductress, this stuff is hot: hot enough to ignite the fires of hell!


Are there any of these in your books?  (Hands one of the toy boxes on the right which is filled with sex toys, whips, body creams, lotions, lubs…and whatever else you can imagine )
Oh, my goodness yes! (Lovingly running my hands through the box of goodies.)  I particularly like this spiked one!  (Picking up a black leather collar with wicked, shiny metal spikes.)  Oh, and what a nice flogger – heavy, too!

You’ll find plenty of bondage, whips and paddles in these stories, although there are some stories that are sweeter.  Some are downright romantic and some are a little sad.  That doesn’t keep me from coveting all your lovely toys, though.  I’m just saying…


Do you see yourself editing any more anthologies like this?
Will there be another succubus anthology?  I don’t know.  I suppose it’s possible.  I like to put anthologies together that are a bit different from the norm.  I suppose it started with my vampire anthology, The Sweetest Kiss: Ravishing Vampire Erotica, and continued with my award-winning steampunk anthology, Carnal Machines: Steampunk Erotica.  What else is lurking in my twisted little brain?  Angels and Demons?  Ghosts?  I suppose we’ll just have to wait and see.


Tell us about some up and coming books.
My next anthology is due for release in March, and while it isn’t paranormal, I’m very excited about it.  Under Her Thumb: Stories of Female Domination is exactly what the title suggests: femdom erotica.  And yes, I do have a story in that one.

Where can we find you for future updates?
You can find me at http://www.dlkingerotica.com.  I blog at http://dlkingerotica.blogspot.com, I tweet as d_l_king and I’m https://www.facebook.com/dlkingerotica on facebook and http://pinterest.com/dlkingerotica/ on pinterest.


I’m so happy you have made this a stop.  Would you like a tour of the…err…levels?   I can introduce you to the “guests”, if you just hand me that box back.
Mmm, yes.  That sounds like fun.  Do you mind if I just borrow that flogger?

Let’s get you suited up:
Wine, mixed drink, or straight up?
Port, if you don’t mind.  A nice twenty-year-old Tawny.

Leather straps or chains?
I do like to see my men in leather straps, possibly hanging from chains, but I definitely like leather.

Cat-o-nine, braided leather, or chain length whip? Collar and Leash or Adornment?
I prefer cats to braided leather and floggers to cats.  I don’t like to use chain whips because I don’t want to damage my toys.  Collars and leashes are nice and adornments are always welcome.

Leather studded bodysuit or corset top?
Oh, and I’m more the corset top girl, myself.  Most of mine are leather, but silk is nice sometimes, as well.

Fishnets or garter-belt?
Garter belt, of course!

Leather pants, mini, or a long skirt slitted up both sides?
Actually, I have a black, rubber pencil skirt I’m rather partial to.

Lace up boots (with or without heels) or come F*** me high heels?
I’m into comfort, so lace up, lamb skin, flat-soled boots, if you please, black of course.

Ball gag, manacles, or blindfold?
Ball gags on occasion, leather wrist and ankle cuffs and, yes, blindfolds can add just the right touch.

The rack or the whipping post?
Candle wax or clamps?
I think my back could really use the rack at this point, but to play?  I’d prefer fastening my toy to the whipping post.  Maybe hanging a pair of weighted nipple clamps from his chest and dripping hot wax on his pecs.  Yum, that sounds like fun.

Blonde, red-head, Brunette, or Supernatural ?
How about a sultry, supernatural brunette?  Do you have one of those in the dungeon?  Well, what’re we waiting for?  And if I get to busy and forget to say it, thanks so much for having me over!

While D.L. is playing with my stock...let's take a look at the book details:


She’s beautiful. She’s enchanting. She’s mysterious and unfathomable. She’s your fondest dream and your worst nightmare. She’s sweet and sublimely submissive. She’s dark and fully in charge. She’s flirty, yet mysterious. She promises safety in her arms but there’s danger in her eyes. One look, one scent, one taste, one sigh and you’re rock hard or dripping wet. She’s sex incarnate.

Succubi are sexual vampires, women who steal the life force from their victim, but what a way to go! Some say succubi visit their victims in dreams; others say they seduce them in the flesh. Whether your succubus is a shape shifter, has permanent bat wings or wears a mini skirt; whether her victims are taken unawares, follow her with glee or scream bloody murder as they come, these stories are hot. As hell.



First off let me say this..there were a few stories that didn't care for ...just because I'm not into those types of situations..BUT..even those stories were incredibly hot.  I was impressed by the diversity and uniqueness of the individual stories.  There truly is something for everyone...IF your into Succubi.  Being one myself, it is impossible not to love this book, and love it I did.  Warning:  It is chalked full of thigh-clenching moments and should be read will all intents and purposes of having itches scratched later.....LOL...Lot's of itches.  It would be hard to choose a favorite, even though I loved the Romeo/Juliet spin, but it would probably be The Lonely Huntress.  My sister succubi got the tables turned on her and she definitely met her match!!  Paranormal lovers that love a little darkness in their erotica, I highly recommend this read!!  It definitely was completely enjoyable and deliciously naughty!!


No comments:

Disqus for Close Encounters with the NIght Kind

AddThis

Copyright Text