Friday, November 16, 2012

Interview with Honey Jans Arrested by her Sheik

 
Happy Friday CEWTNK!!!  It's finally here!  And to send you off on your weekend with something hot, I have Honey Jans on here today with her latest Arrested by her Sheik.  Tell us about Honey!!
 
How old were you when you first realized you wanted to write?  I was a late bloomer.  I was thirty when I turned my hand to writing.  My sister gave me two grocery bags full of her used paperback romances and I couldn’t stop reading them.  When I was finished I thought I bet you I could write one.  Of course it was a lot harder than I thought but I love it and wouldn’t want to do anything else.
 
Most authors have an unusual story or way that they come up with their ideas for books…Do you have one?  As a matter of fact I do.  I’ve had two books come from an opening line that just popped into my head.  They kept bugging me until I wrote them down.  I’m inspired by many things from a phrase I might overhear to a daydream that comes while I’m driving.

What was your biggest influence that steered you towards writing? My love of reading was my biggest influence.  When I was younger I must have read most of the books in our small library.  Then I graduated to paperback romances and the die was cast.
 
I have to ask, what are the hardest scenes for you to write?  I have the most trouble with conflict and violence which is crazy for a writer.  The first time I had to kill off a bad guy in one of my books I cried.  I hated to do it even though he was pure evil.
 
Are sex scenes difficult for you to word?  No.  The sex scenes usually flow easily for me and I enjoy writing them.  I always try to keep things fresh.
 
Do you see yourself writing in another genre?  As a matter of fact I’d like to try my hands at a mystery some time.  Of course knowing me it would be an erotic mystery :-)

Has your family been supportive?  My close family has been very supportive and I really appreciate it.

Are any of your characters reflective of you?  I think you’ll find a little bit of me in all my heroines especially Mandy in Arrested by Her Sheik.  She’s out for adventure and she’s not going to let anything stop her.  She’s got a lot of my sass and irreverent humor.  And she also has my deep sense of family loyalty.

What do you like to do when you're not writing?  I like to paint and I love to travel.  I also love to read and I’m never far away from my Kindle.

Who is your favorite book heroine? Do I have to pick just one?  I have so many favorites.
 
Do you have any unusual habits that revolve around writing?  Actually I like to get a steaming cup of coffee in the morning and drink it while I’m writing.  I also like to take my laptop outside and into nature to write.  It helps free me up.

What is you favorite mystical creature?  I love shape shifters of all kinds.  I also love vampires.  Mind you I didn’t think I would when I first  gave them a read but I wanted to broaden my horizons.  Well I picked up my first Sherylinn Kenyon dark hunters novel and I was hooked.

What were some of your biggest challenges at the beginning of your career?  Finishing the darned book.  I was rewriting the first three chapters over and over again.  Basically, I was on my own at first and didn’t have a clue.  But once I got involved with Romance Writers Of America and joined my first critique group I was on my way.

How do you feel about reader comments?  I love reader comments and I try to answer them all.

Do you have any advice for new authors?  Yes.  First be a reader.  Then join a professional group for guidance, be it RWA, or EPIC.  You can find some awesome support and mentorship there.

Where are your books available?  I have books available at Whiskey Creek Press Torrid, Loose Id, Red Rose Press, and Muse It Up Hot.

What can we expect from you in the future?  I have an upcoming release at Muse It Up Hot with three of my colleagues, Debi Wilder, Shari Dare, and Lynn Crain.  This paranormal erotic romance series was inspired by the Beast of Bray Road a myth that lives in the Kettle Moraine Forest of Wisconsin.  It’s really special and I hope you’ll give it a try. 
BLUE MOON MAGIC
One father.  Two mothers.  Four siblings.  One incredible night that will change them all forever.

Where can we reach you and become informed of updates? my website is www.honeyjans.com and my blog is http://atasteofhoneyjans.com
 
Now let's take a closer look at the book details:
 
Sheik! Sheik! Arrest Me!

Trapped and arrested on an island with a sexy Arab-Greek Sheik, are you up to see what happens next?

Mix one quiet librarian looking for a good time. A sexy Arab-Greek sheik in cops clothing signing on to teach her all about sex.

And criminals who will stop at nothing to get what they want...namely her dead. And you have Arrested by her Sheik.

I hope you’ll come along on this thrill ride of adventure as Mandy Wilson finds out what it’s like to be Arrested by her Sheik.
 
 
 

No comments:

Disqus for Close Encounters with the NIght Kind

AddThis

Copyright Text