Saturday, November 3, 2012

Racking it Up with Sky Warren and her latest Naughty Hear Me

 
Hello and Welcome to The Dungeon!  I’m so happy to have you here visiting and sharing your newest work.  Don’t mind the noise from the prison… err guests, they get noisy during their…treatments..lol.  Let me clear a spot so you can have a seat.  Would you like some refreshments before you get started?
 
Thanks for having me on Close Encounters! I’m Skye Warren, author of the Kindle bestselling Dark Erotica series. I’m here to share with you guys my latest release, Hear Me, which early reviewers are calling “disturbingly arousing” and “beautifully written.” Oh, and I wouldn’t turn a sweet iced tea ;-)
 
So I have to ask… why dark erotica?
Ohh, I love the thrills and chills. And the sex. Combining them just seemed natural. And since I’m a romantic at heart, all my books do come with an HEA ;-)
 
Tell us a little bit about your book.
Hear Me opens with a woman running through the woods, being pursued. She can’t remember her past. She can’t speak. Then she finds herself in the hands of a lone man in the woods… can she trust him?
 
What first sparked the series idea?
Hear Me was the first book I really plotted in the traditional way. That is, the first two books in the series sort of spilled out of me. Almost as if they had been simmering for so long, that when I finally gave myself permission to write them, they spilled out onto the page. For Hear Me, I was a little more thoughtful with the plot and I think it shows. There are fans who loved the rawness of Keep Me Safe and Trust in Me and there are people who’ve jumped on board with the literary merits of Hear Me.
 
What is the key element in your character creation?
I think my characters need to experience pain fully in order to appreciate the pleasure. They are tormented, as much as I can make them, until they find peace and a happy ending. Each of the books in the series are a manifestation of that.

Who is the character that in your opinion everyone is going to fall in love with?
The hero, of course ;-)
 
I have to ask, what are the hardest scenes for you to write?
The ones with people just sitting around talking. So mostly, I just leave those out. Readers have come to know my Dark Erotica series for breathtaking eroticism, thrilling action, and deep emotions.
 
How would you rate the sex scenes throughout the series?
Smoking J
 
Are there any of these in your books?  (Hands one of the toy boxes on the right which is filled with sex toys, whips, body creams, lotions, lubs…and whatever else you can imagine J)
Oh, most definitely. There is a certain dusty box in a corner that the heroine stumbles upon… okay, okay, she was snooping. It’s definitely Pandora’s Box for her.
 
Do you see yourself writing anymore stories in this series or a spin-off?
Yes, I have one more book in the Dark Erotica series. I’ve been thinking of a spin-off series based on a club that appears in Hear Me after that, but we’ll have to see!

Are any of your characters reflective of you?
All of them are. I think it’s unavoidable because they all come from my imagination. If I’m going to make their emotions true, I must have felt them in some form, whether anguish or anger… or pleasure J

Tell us about some up and coming books.
Don’t Let Go is the final book in the Dark Erotica series that will come out next year. I’ve also got a sequel to my Beauty Touched the Beast story, which has been my most read work and the most requested sequel.

Will any of your characters from this series cameo in other future books?
Don’t Let Go is actually the most anticipated book, because the “hero” is the man who was the villain in the first two books. If you haven’t read them yet, suffice it to say he’s a bad, bad guy!
 
Where can we find you for future updates?
Thanks again for having me on Close Encounters Romantics! If you like dark erotic books, I hope you’ll consider my new release Hear Me. You don’t have to read any of the previous series, it stands alone. And if you do decide to read Hear Me, I’d love to hear what you think on twitter or Facebook.
Skye Warren
 
I’m so happy you have made this a stop.  Would you like a tour of the..err…levels?  J I can introduce you to the “guests”, if you just hand me that box back.
 
Let’s get you suited up:
Wine, mixed drink, or straight up? Wine.
 
Leather straps or chains? Leather! Chains sound cooold….
 
Cat-o-nine, braided leather, or chain length whip? …braided leather. Goddamn, girl! I thought my books were rough.  Muahhaahahahahah
 
Collar and Leash or Adornment? Yes, collar. Yes, leash. What’s an adornment? I’ll take one of those too.
 
Leather studded bodysuit or corset top? Corset tops are sooo sexy, and I’m totally straight.
 
Fishnets or garter-belt? Garter-belt. Very sexy and also old-school classy.
 
Leather pants, mini, or a long skirt slitted up both sides? Mini.
 
Lace up boots or high heels? Both, baby.
 
Ball gag, manacles, or blindfold? I have a fascination with ball gags. However, I’m going to go with a blindfold, because I love how they can be spur of the moment.
 
The rack or the whipping post? Ouch! The whipping post, definitely.
 
Candle wax or clamps? Wax.
 
Blonde, red-head, or Brunette?  Dark-haired guys are sooo sexy. I think all of my heroes end up with dark hair :-X
 
He is my personal favorite, but I have a thing for dark haired tattooed demonsJ.  And the nipple piercings just add that little bit of kink.  The humans are kept on the upper levels even though I’m slowly weeding them out.  They just can’t seem to handle our….services.  And of course, the further down you go the more of the paranormal comes to light.  So …what’s your poison?   We also have a new level of shapeshifters that can take on ANY form you want……it’s actually quite amusing if you want to switch during….you get the picture!!!
 
I’m a lot turned on… and a little scared right now! I think if you made it through this interview, then you are so ready to read Hear Me.
 

HEAR ME by Skye Warren 

She doesn’t remember her past, only her training. She can’t talk, not that a good slave should speak out of turn. None of that matters when she wakes up in the warm, rustic room. Her new master is distant but kind. There’s only one problem: he doesn’t want her.
Longing for the shackles of safety, she pulls from the last dregs of her will to prove her worth as a slave. It seems to be working. He responds first to her body and next to her submission. The secrets of his past haunt the cabin, fraying the tightening bond between Master and slave, but it is her own memories that may finally unravel it.
This book contains a bonus short story Escape, set in the same dark erotica world.
WARNING:
This book contains explicit scenes of sex, including dubious consent and captivity situations. The BDSM does not conform to literary conventions, making it sometimes more realistic, and other times not. This is a work of fiction not appropriate for anyone uncomfortable with these situations or anyone under the age of eighteen.

Excerpt

Even the earth conspired to keep her. Branches grabbed at her skin like talons; the beach was quicksand, dragging her down. Hope was too abstract to compete with the sound of men shouting behind her. Even her fear was drowned by the ragged beat of her heart.
“Melody!” The voice sounded closer than the thrashing of leaves and branches.
Run, run away, don’t look back.
Her eyes, already stunted by lack of food, filled with grit and precious moisture. If she made it to the water, she could float away. Even if only to drift down to the bottom, entombed in sand castles and chained by seaweed. They would take her prisoner; they would keep her safe.
A battered person was cracked soil, but dreams were like weeds. She could survive this. That was the goal she set for herself, huddled in the cold, damp cell. She had clung to it as they touched her, beat her. Trained her.
The line of frothy water was in her sights, but disappointment seared her. She was too far away, the sand too thick.
An extra burst of energy propelled her two more stumbling steps. Her legs gave out. She clenched and released fistfuls of sand, not even sure she was actually crawling forward.
Coolness lapped at her fingertips, surprising her. Her mind, tired and rusty, turned that information over. She had made it. Water. Safety? No, freedom.
A slow, steady thwapping noise drew her gaze upward. A small green boat bobbed in the shallow water. Gentle waves flicked its hull, almost soothing, like the caress of a flogger. The rhythm thrummed through her. Even without the sting of impact, her mind began the slide.
No. Subspace meant security but not today. Right now it meant death, and she refused to die.
She blinked away the salt in her eyes and clawed through the water to the boat. With a strength that surprised her, she climbed over the edge, tumbling into the grimy bottom. It rocked gently with her weight then settled back into the gentle bob.
The boat wasn’t tied down anywhere, but there wasn’t an oar. Not that she had the strength to use one or a place to go.
Never mind. Her wish had been granted. She would drift out to sea, like a message in a bottle.
Her head lolled against the rim of the boat. She breathed in the pungent smell of earth and moss. Her last thought before she drifted off to sleep was fanciful. She imagined a giant plucking her from the water, unfurling her like a scroll, and reading the lines slashed into her skin.
She wondered what they would say.

Read HEAR ME Now

 
 

No comments:

Disqus for Close Encounters with the NIght Kind

AddThis

Copyright Text