Saturday, March 9, 2013

Guest Post and Spotlight on The Road that Leads to Home By Jaimie Hope


Hello and Welcome to this stop on Jaimie Hope's The Road that Leads Home tour!  I'm always interested in why an author chooses to write in a particular genre.  So I asked Jaimie if she would share with us her reasoning.  This is what she had to say:

Why YA?  And Top 10 on YA Books!!

I began my career with a Children’s book, The Adventures of Baby Jaimie. While I waited to see if that book would develop into a series (it did), I decided to write a novel. I really hadn’t planned to write YA, it just seemed to work out that way. 

This novel, The Road That Leads To Home, is actually an updated rewrite of my first novel, Who Says You Can’t Go Home? Originally, I intended to write my first adult novel, but as I was working, I realized it was YA and YA it would remain. The follow up is currently geared for adults in my mind, but what it will be when it’s finished remains to be seen.

It probably comes as no surprise, but YA is the genre I read most often. My top favorite YA novels are:

1. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
2. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
3. Any book in the Babysitter’s Club series by Ann Martin
4. Twisted by Jenny Phillips
5. Distorted by Jenny Phillips
6. Gifted by Jenny Phillips
7. The Conduit by Stacey Rourke
8. Embrace by Stacey Rourke
9. Sacrifice by Stacey Rourke
10. The Brown House by Christy Sloat   

Let's take a look at her book info:


Title: The Road That Leads To Home 
Author: Jaimie Hope
Genre: YA Romance 
Publisher:  Jaimie Hope
Release Date: December 2012
Number of pages: Approximately 180
Edition/Formats Available In: Print and Ebook
Synopsis:
Sara always knew she was different from other girls, but she never knew how much. She'd been having dreams all her life. It didn’t bother her when they played out in reality the next day. After all, that happens to everyone sometimes, didn't it? When the phone rings one morning with devastating news she knew was coming she could no longer ignore her gift. She also couldn't help wondering if she could have changed the fate of those she loved if only she would have spoken up sooner.


Purchase Links 
Print: http://www.amazon.com/The-Road-That-Leads-Home/dp/1481824716/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1357848799&sr=8-11&keywords=jaimie+hope

E-Book: http://www.amazon.com/Road-That-Leads-Home-ebook/dp/B00AR2PH22/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1357848799&sr=8-11

Author Bio

Jaimie Hope was born in 1976 in New York. As a child, she loved story time and when she was old enough to read on her own she always had a book. When she wasn't reading, Ms. Hope was writing and making up stories to amuse children and adults alike. Perhaps that's why nobody was surprised when she announced she wanted to be an author. Jaimie Hope is the author of The Adventures of Baby Jaimie series. She also has also written novels/novellas in the YA genre, and has released her autobiography.

Author Media Links
Website: http://www.jaimiehope.com
Blog: http://jaimiehope.wordpress.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jaimie-Hope/255441457835397
Twitter: https://twitter.com/JaimieHope
GoodReads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3420203.Jaimie_Hope

Excerpt

 Taking a deep breath she said, “I decided last night after talking to Becca. I wanted to sleep on it to be sure that it was what I wanted, and it is. I haven’t contacted anyone in Florida about this yet, but I will. As for my stuff, I will have to go back and sort through it to see what I’ll be able to keep and what I’ll wind up getting rid of. I’ll go back some time after Dad gets home so you’ll at least have Mom to help out.” 
 “If I need to do some extra work to help out while she’s away I won’t mind.” James said to Becca before turning his attention back to Sara. “I have one more question for you if you don’t mind.” 
 “Sure. Shoot.” “Will you marry me?
                                                                                              


No comments:

Disqus for Close Encounters with the NIght Kind

AddThis

Copyright Text