Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Interview and Review of Ann Mayburn's My Wicked Nanny


Today I am please to have Ann Mayburn stopping to visit the Dungeon.  I'm throwing her up on The Rack, where if you have had the pleasure of reading her books, you KNOW she's quite comfortable.  Today we are diving into her latest book:  My Wicked Nanny, which by the way is an incredibly HOT and Satisfying read.  No more hints until later...Right now its time to bring out the leading lady herself.  Welcome Ann Mayburn!!

Hello and Welcome to The Dungeon!  I’m so happy to have you here visiting and sharing your newest work.  Don’t mind the noise from the prison… err guests, they get noisy during their…treatments..lol. Let me clear a spot so you can have a seat.  Would you like some refreshments before you get started?

I’d never turn down a margarita. ;)

Me Either!!!  Tell us a little bit about your book.

My Wicked Nanny, book 2 in my Club Wicked series, is a fun and steamy story that plays with one of my favorite tropes, the older man/younger woman and boss/employee stories. You know, that fun and forbidden love between two people that shouldn’t be attracted to each other, but are helpless to resist. In My Wicked Nanny we get to meet Jesse, a widowed father of two young boys, and Anya, his young nanny. Anya gets a part time job at Club Wicked, an exclusive BDSM club outside of Washington DC, as a server, not knowing that her boss is also a member of the club. When she runs into him while working at Wicked, wearing a mask and scandalous outfit that is her work uniform, she is torn between throwing herself into his arms and running the other way as fast as she can.


What first sparked the series idea?

I wanted to let my characters BDSM Club where every fantasy that money could buy, along with a setting for political intrigue and conflict. But I also wanted to have normal people playing there in addition to the rich and famous, people that you wouldn’t think twice about meeting on the street. Totally ordinary people that are in an extraordinary situation with some of the best Doms in the world. And the hottest. ;) Basing the club outside of Washington DC was a natural fit for me both because I love DC and it would allow me to populate the club with people from all over the world.

After reading this book, I have a few more fantasies stocked in my playroom.  Who is the character that in your opinion everyone is going to fall in love with?

Oh God, all of my Doms?-lol- No, seriously, I have a major crush on the Masters of Wicked, each for their own unique style and way of doing things. In this series my Doms aren’t all cookie cutter molds of each other with just their hair color changing. Each approaches both BDSM and their lives from their own unique viewpoint.

The first Dom of the series, Isaac from My Wicked Valentine, loves that his submissive, Lucia, is a headstrong woman and encourages that behavior by listening to her and always adjusting the scene to meet her needs. He doesn’t demand silence and total servitude from her because that isn’t what turns him on. Lucia isn’t really into pain, so while they do a great deal of play, it’s mostly sensual torture.

Jesse, the leading man in My Wicked Nanny, is a rough and dominant cowboy through and through. He likes to take his submissives and fuck them until they can’t walk the next day. Real rough, hair pulling, ass smacking, sex. Luckily, the only person that likes that particular brand of fucking more than Jesse is his sweet submissive, Anya. ;)

Maybe all the Dom’s except Bryan?  I’ve got my eye on Hawk….I bet he is absolutely yummy..I have to ask, what are the hardest scenes for you to write?

Any scene that is sorrowful for my characters. Honestly, I cry when they cry because I’m so wrapped up in their characters that I almost feel like I’m living their life. That’s probably why I have to give them their HEA or I’d be walking around all day like it was my heart that got broken.


So did I!  I had a box of tissues on standby.  How would you rate the sex scenes throughout the series?

Excellent questions! The first book, My Wicked Valentine, is what I like to call my training wheels BDSM book. It sets you up with the basics in a way that someone totally new to the genre can understand, while giving those that are experienced with BDSM a very sweet love story all wrapped up in a super steamy bow.

In My Wicked Nanny I take the training wheels off and push both my characters and readers into a little more intense of an experience at Club Wicked. Let’s just say that you may want to keep some spare batteries and a big glass of cold wine nearby. ;)
                               
Then, in My Wicked Devil(coming this summer) I push you down a hill and watch you scream. ;)


Are there any of these in your books?  (Hands one of the toy boxes on the right which is filled with sex toys, whips, body creams, lotions, lubs…and whatever else you can imagine J)

Anything, and I do mean anything, that money can buy is in these books and then some. I love toys and it shows. ;)

Do you see yourself writing anymore stories in this series or a spin-off?

Absolutely. I’m working on My Wicked Captive right now, a ménage story with two Doms and one very beautiful, yet damaged submissive. You can see what I’m working on by checking out my Pinterst page where I have boards for each of my books with images that I’ve used for inspiration:

http://pinterest.com/annmayburn/

Goddess maybe?  She definitely had an interesting take.  Are any of your characters reflective of you?

Ummm…maybe. ;)


Where can we find you for future updates? (add all your social links here)

Best place to reach me is on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ann.mayburn.5

For updates on my books check out my website:



And if you’re going to any Romance conferences this year, I’ll be at the Romantic Times Convention in May, Author’s After Dark in Savannah in August, and Romanticon in October. If you’re going and you see me, please say hi!
                       
I’m so happy you have made this a stop.  Would you like a tour of the…err…levels?  J I can introduce you to the “guests”, if you just hand me that box back.

Let’s get you suited up:
Wine, mixed drink, or straight up?

Mixed drink, something girly

Lol…you might want  straight up when you meet these guys.  Leather straps or chains?

Latex?

Cat-o-nine, braided leather, or chain length whip?
Collar and Leash or Adornment?

Collar and leash, I like to own my men. ;)

Leather studded bodysuit or corset top?

Corset

Fishnets or garter-belt?

Fishnets

Leather pants, mini, or a long skirt slitted up both sides?

Pants. I like to straddle things without showing the world my goods.

Lace up boots (with or without heels) or come F*** me high heels?

Lace up boots of course. ;)

Ball gag, manacles, or blindfold?

Blindfold. Anticipation is the key.

The rack or the whipping post?

Hmmm….probably whipping post.

Candle wax or clamps

Can I get a cock cage instead?

Absolutely!  Blonde, red-head, Brunette, or Supernatural J?

Supernatural. :D

While I steal Ann away for a tour, I leave you with a sneak into this exciting and fascinating world of Wicked.

Young nanny Anya Kozlov takes a job at the elite BDSM club, Wicked, in order to pay for her upcoming trip to Paris. Donning a mask to disguise herself she uses the fake name of Dove. On her first night she is shocked when she finds out that the man she is a nanny for and has an enormous crush on, Jesse Shaw, is also a member of Wicked. When Jesse expresses his interest in teaching her about the dark pleasures of Dominance and submission Anya is helpless to resist, even though she is lying to him about who she is.
Jesse can't seem to get Dove, out of his mind. It's been five years since his wife passed and for the first time he feels something beyond physical lust or friendship for a woman. He is angry and hurt when he finds out that Dove is really Anya, his meek and mousy nanny. With only a few weeks left before Anya leaves for Paris, Jesse is determined to get her to not only tell the truth, but also mark her heart and soul so that she doesn't forget him when they are an ocean apart.



Fantasy play has always been a weakness of mine, so this book was right up my naughty alley.  Imagine being able to have the one man you crave with all your being without him ever knowing its you.  Do this sound appealing?  Enter the world of Wicked.  A club I would LOVE to work at.  It was if the author visited inside my head and pulled out the place I frequent in my fantasies...scary thought there, especially if she saw my real dungeon...lol.  There are some aspects of BDSM I don't agree with but there weren't any in here.  This is all about a seemingly normal man and woman who have a taste for kink.  The author does a wonderful job in making this seductive, sexy, and staying within the bounds of reality.  This book contains many aspects of the BDSM lifestyle and should be read by those that love the Dom/Sub relationships...like me:)   I enjoyed this book immensely and can't wait for the rest of the series.  I really want to know Hawk's story and I hope he is next!!!  Excellent Read!!






5 comments:

Ann Mayburn said...

Thank you so much for having me! I looovveee your dungeon and your selection of subs is rather tasty. Master Hawk's book will be after My Wicked Captive, which is Master Rory/Liam/Goddesses book. Certain things have to happen before Master Hawk and Sunny's story can be told. And just wait until Master Bryan gets his hands on you in My Wicked Devil...-shiver-

Unknown said...

Awesome interview. Thank you Nikki for having Ann. I even learned something hew about her LOL..she always surprises me.

I am also trying to be patient because I want Master Hawk's story :)

Unknown said...

*new* my fingers are freezing this morning so my typing sucks right now.

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by!! I truly enjoyed this book!! It was wonderful and decadent.

June M. said...

I can't wait to read this story. I am a big fan of Ann's stories and I love series set in BDSM clubs.

Disqus for Close Encounters with the NIght Kind

AddThis

Copyright Text