Monday, June 3, 2013

Ann Mayburn and her newest yummy: Amber Moon


What Can Happen in Just One Night

Think back to best date you ever went on, when everything seemed magical and you never wanted the evening to end. I know the memory of my perfect date night still brings chills and makes me smile all these years later, and I bet it does the same for you. There is nothing quite like that moment when you realize that you’re in love and the person you’re with makes you truly, deeply happy.

That is why I enjoy writing 1 Night Stand short stories for Decadent Publishing. Each book is about that one perfect night, but in this case the date is a blind date arranged by the extraordinary matchmaker Madame Eve. I love the challenge of writing a good story that can only last that one night and must end the next day. If I do a good job with it, my readers are left knowing that despite only having a glimpse of one night into the couples lives, they know that these two(or three) were meant to be together.


Of course the sexual attraction is off the charts, but I try to make each date about more than that. I try to capture that intangible chemistry between two people that joins them together not just at a physical level, but at a soul deep one. This is especially true in my ‘Prides of the Moon’ series.

Based on a fantastic world filled with shape shifters and magic blended with the modern day world I tell the story of a different couple with each book, but the stories overlap into a larger story arch. That allows me to fulfill the requirement of just one night, while giving my readers a much longer storyline to follow. Each story can be read and enjoyed on its own, but you’ll get so much more out of the series if you read them all.
My ‘Prides of the Moon’ series has really allowed me to explore all types of sexuality. Each pride is made up of an Alpha male and female along with their beta or betas. Bi-sexuality is common and not seen as something odd or different in my world. My characters don’t face any prejudice for loving who they love, something I wish happened in the real world. This leads to some interesting combinations and pairings of Alphas and betas.

An essential part of the world of the werepumas is bonding. When an Alpha and beta bond their souls connect so that they can feel each other’s emotions and while making love bonded partners of the same sex can actually feel what their mate is feeling. Trust me, it’s as hot as it sounds. ;)



In the first book of the series, ‘Amber Moon’, I tell the story of Nick and Madeline Turea who are searching for the perfect beta female to complete their pride. As you read the story you’ll realize why there is no room for jealousy and mistrust in the relationship. Instead their trust in each other allows them the kind of trust that is the foundation for any relationship, conventional or otherwise.

I hope you enjoy my ‘Prides of the Moon’ series and I’d encourage you to take a peek at other books in the 1 Night Stand series from Decadent Publishing. With over a bazillion authors and counting contributing to the series you get a fantastic variety of stories. For me they’re like hot chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven, I can’t resist them. ;)


2 comments:

SheriV said...

I call Prides of the Moon series by Ann Mayburn shifter "crack" and I'm very very very much an addict. I'm really hoping she writes more soon!

Unknown said...

I love her sub/dom books...they are sooooo freaking hot!!!!

Disqus for Close Encounters with the NIght Kind

AddThis

Copyright Text