Saturday, July 20, 2013

Review: The Unholy Alliance by D.N. Simmons



The Final Chapter of the Knights of the Darkness Chronicles will leave you breathless!
Picking up the chaos from where The Lion's Den left off, Unholy Alliance unleashes a whole new threat to everyone’s existence. It’s the calm before the storm and once the storm hits, you’ll have to pray and hope you survive. New alliances will be formed that will reshape the world with the blood of the innocent. There will be nowhere to hide, there will be no sanctuary. Who will stop them? Can they be stop? Hold on to your seats and prepare for one hell of a ride!

Original, sexy and gritty, the Knights of the Darkness Chronicles will suck you in and take you for a ride you won't forget!


My Review:

Oh D.N....did you ever save the best for last!!  Out of all the books in the series, I can say not only was this my favorite but it is worthy of a few more re-reads!!  This book is filled with amazing mythology, wonderful new characters, and the rest of the fill in the blanks we needed throughout the series.  It was amazing!  I cried three times throughout this book.  Once, when Tasha was being put in her place by Irikara, once when I was sure we would lose her, and again at the end when I realized this was the final story  I can't believe the adventure was over!!  Maybe our heroes needed a break but they will be sorely missed!

I actually came to understand Kysen better and enjoyed him much more in this story.  I actually felt sorry for him.  While he isn't the most lovable character, he is a walk in the park compared to the rest of the vampires that were introduced during this last book.  Being old has made them with certain personality quirks that are less than desirable.  Irikara didn't win a place in anyone's heart in this story, but I suppose once you get that old you find things like that trifling....which would best describe her!

This book was action packed and chalked full with emotional stimulation.  This story was brilliant and original, not to mention addicting.  I could not stop reading once I started!!  Hats off to you D.N. for this amazing finale!!  




No comments:

Disqus for Close Encounters with the NIght Kind

AddThis

Copyright Text