Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Paranormal Fall Fling hosted by Gabrielle Bisset

 
Welcome to this stop on Blood Spirit's Tour!!  I have had the privelage of putting Gabrielle on The Rack.  This is what I was able to torture out of her....Muahahahaahahahhahahahahaahhhahahhaha!
 
 
Hello and Welcome to CEWTNK!  I’m so happy to have you here visiting in my dungeon and sharing your newest work.  Don’t mind the noise from the prisoners err guests, they get noisy during their…treatments..lol.  Let me clear a spot so you can have a seat.  Would you like some refreshments before you get started?
 
I better keep my wits about me, so no drinking yet. How about an iced tea?
 
So I have to ask…Why Vampires?
Why not vampires? They're sensual, have the whole oral thing going for them, and are eternally the age they were when they were turned (and of course, mine are all young).
 
Tell us a little bit about the special series addition your running just for this month.
I'm currently in the middle of my Blood Spirit/Sons of Navarus Paranormal Fall Fling. It's a huge celebration of the release of the third book in the Sons of Navarus series, Blood Spirit, and a special box set called the Blood and Dreams Box Set that includes Vampire Dreams Revamped, Blood Avenged, and Blood Betrayed.
 
What first sparked the series idea?
In one word it was Vasilije. He was the bad boy in the original Vampire Dreams and readers fell in love with him. They wanted more of him, more of his story, so I began to brainstorm ideas and that's where the Sons of Navarus series came from.  
 
What is the key element in your character creation?
I need to know what a character's past involved to really know who he or she is. I may not include every bit of it in the story, but the character's past always colors their part in the story. For example, Terek was a monk before being turned vampire. That deep belief in something spiritual is a key component of who he is still today.

Who is the character that in your opinion everyone is going to fall in love with?
In Blood Spirit, it will be Terek. He's got a very sensual thing about him, along with that mystical vibe. It's very sexy. In the Sons series overall, there will be a hero for every woman. Each Son is different, so there will be one for everyone. Vasilije is pure sensuality, whereas Saint is the quintessential brooding, haunted hero. Ramiel is the violent Son, but his past has shaped him to be who he is. Thane is the nice guy Son. Sion is the smart Son—logical and rational, but you know what they say—still waters run deep. Dante is the joker, good time boy. Nico is the oldest Son made vampire in the time the Greek gods reigned supreme. And he looks like a Greek god.
 
I have to ask, what are the hardest scenes for you to write?
Fight scenes. While I'm a very physical person, I'm not a man, so I don't have a real firsthand experience with hand-to-hand fighting. I do have a beta reader especially for that, and it's always funny how he reacts to my fight scenes. His beta reads always result in serious revisions, but I'm getting better at them.
 
How would you rate the sex scenes throughout the series?
The sex scenes are smokin' hot. My characters are adults and vampires are very sexual, so it's quite sensual when they get together. These are definitely not books for readers who prefer euphemisms or sweet sex scenes. It's an erotic paranormal romance, with the focus equally on the erotic and paranormal.
 
Are there any of these in your books?  (Hands Gab one of the toy boxes on the right)
That blindfold looks a bit like one Ramiel uses. ;) And Terek is all about his Roman bath, although that's not in the box.
 
Do you see yourself writing anymore stories in this series or a spin-off?
There are eight heroes, so they're all clamoring for me to tell their stories. As for a spin off, well, I won't rule anything out. ;)

Are any of your characters reflective of you?
So far in the Sons series, I'd have to say no. But I do have a character in one of my other books, a heroine named Thea in Destiny Redeemed, that I would say is as close to me as I'd ever want a character to be. As a rule, though, I don't write myself into characters. I write characters I either fantasize about meeting or fantasize being.

Tell us about some up and coming books.
The rest of the books in the series will complete the story of the civil war between the Sons of Navarus and the Archons, the law and order vampires. After that, who knows?

Will any of your characters from this series cameo in other future books?
I don't have any plans for that now, but I won't rule that out either, like the spin-off. However, there are two Sons in addition to Vasilije who appear in the Sons prequel, Vampire Dreams Revamped.
 
Where can we find you for future updates?
I'm all over! LOL  Readers can find me at my blog, website, Facebook, Twitter, and at the Sons of Navarus Facebook page.
 
Any future touring in the works?
I'm always doing something with my books, so readers can definitely find me out and about for future books.
 
What can we expect on your next  visit…which by the way is very soon!!!!
The next time will be an interview with Terek. I've talked with him several times, and he's a dream to spend time with.
 
I’m so happy you have made this a stop.  Would you like a tour of the..err…chambers ?  J I can introduce you to the “guests”, if you just hand me that box back.
Lead the way! It's been great hanging out here with you. :)
 
So we are leaving you with this great giveaway and after Gab has sampled some treats from the dungeons chambers, we will be back to answer questions!!!
 
 
The Sons of Navarus series continues...

I am everything you seek. I am vampire.

Blessed with the gift of telepathy, Terek always knows what a woman wants. His gift has afforded him nightly sensual pleasures and exotic treats for centuries, but beneath the surface he yearns for much more.

Ilona can give him what his soul craves, but only if he trusts his heart. One fateful choice made out of desire puts all he cares for in danger. With a civil war and the threat of Archon hunters at every turn, this Son may lose everything if he can't find the balance between heart and mind.


 
Leave a comment to be entered to win a set of Sons of Navarus bookmarks and be sure to head over to my blog to be entered to win even more prizes, including  $50 and $10 gift cards, ebooks, and Sons of Navarus swag packs! Enter at http://gbisset.blogspot.com/p/paranormal-fall-fling.html

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to meet Terek!

Dustykatt said...

This looks really hot. Thanks

Kerry said...

Sounds great - if its as good as the rest Im already half way there!

Thanks for the giveaway

kerryjcj@verizon.net

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for having me here today, Nikki! Love this blog! <3

Naima Simone said...

Awesome interview, Gabrielle!! Wow! Monk turned vampire! Yaay!

Unknown said...

loved the interview ladies. dungeon loooks fun. i absolutely loved blood spirit. it was sensual and emtional. Gabrielle i really wanted to jump in the roman bath with him. terek is a wonderful hero

Joanne said...

Congrats on the new release. Blood Spirit sounds fantastic. It's another winner in the Sons of Navarus series. Can't wait to read it.

e.balinski(at)att(dot)net

Unknown said...

I am totally there when it comes to Vamps. Gabrielle seems to have just the right take on them too!;) Thanks for this fun and interesting interview!

katsrus said...

Terek sounds like one hot vampire and he knows what woman want! Great interview Gabrielle.
Sue B
katsrus(at)gmail(dot)com

Linda said...

Love this and can´t wait to read more, =)

best wishes, Linda

Phyllis M said...

What a great series, and LOVE that Vasilije!!! Thank you ladies for the interview!!! You all can't miss with this series. It has everythng you would love in a Vamp story!

Booklover Sue said...

Just put this series on my wishlist!!

susanmplatt AT hotmail DOT com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the giveaway.

Tina B said...

I have not yet started this series, but it sounds oh so yummy! Those sound like some sexy vamps. PNR is my favorite genre and add some erotic scenes to it, I am in heaven! ;)
So, I will be rectifying not having read it yet by starting it this weekend. Congrats on your newest release, Gabrielle!
trb0917 at gmail.com

Holly said...

This is next on my reading list! Can't wait to get started on it!!! holly(dot)collins1(at)yahoo(dot)com

Bama said...

great interview Gabrielle! :)

crystalguidroz1 said...

Great interview! This book sounds great. I have not read any books in this series yet, but will definitely be adding this series to my to-read list. Gotta love Vamps =)

cguidroz2(at)cox(dot)net

Disqus for Close Encounters with the NIght Kind

AddThis

Copyright Text