Published By Eva GordonCover art by Nicolene van Staden
Editing by Marion Archer and Karen Lawson
Published: December 6, 2013
Word Count: 105,618
Page Count Print: 390 pages
· ISBN-10: 1494302802
· ISBN-13: 978-1494302801
Book Tagline: A Victorian world of supernatural creatures, magnificent airships, a secret society, and one bluestocking adventuress who, threatened by evil seeks protection by awakening the golem.
On an archaeological expedition, Bayla Gideon, is widowed by a supernatural force and branded with the Hand of Miriam or Knowing Eye. Threatened by evil, she awakens the golem; a mythical man of clay, who protected the Jewish community over three centuries ago.
The golem, Gesher, is surprised. Freedom –by a beautiful, enchanting woman. His desire is to return to the celestial spheres and regain his status as an avenging angel. Yet, Bayla challenges his mind, body and soul. Would he risk his return to the heavens for her?
Besides, dealing with the otherkind, mad inventors and an unrelenting matchmaking aunt, Bayla is equally determined to resist her steamy attraction to the striking fallen angel.
Thrust into a malevolent war, which includes facing Jack the Ripper, they must resist the magnetic pull toward each other, while protecting the world from encroaching evil.
Note: Hand of Miriam is Book 1 of a duology in Bayla and the Golem novels, which will continue after Book 2, Her Majesty’s Witch, with the steampunk adventures of other corseted but brainy members of the exclusive Bluestocking Adventuress Club.
Hand of Miriam Steampunk Craigslist
1. Automaton tripod camera: will photograph even in several weather conditions.
2. Gemmatridon: Ancient box used to wake up the Golem of Prague. Only one.
3. Velocipede: Several feet powered land vehicles.
4. Weaponry: From blasters, to shocker parasols and even lethal walking canes. Come in and try out all our weapons. No questions asked.
5. Woman’s clothing. Including Corsets, dresses and hats. Plenty to choose from. See model, Bayla Gideon below:
6. Airships: We have a variety of airships available for sell. For commercial and personal use.
1. A veillier: a woman who can see evil and detect the otherkind. Will need to join the Grigori or secret society of watchers. Her life will be in constant danger from those including Jack the Ripper who rather not be identified.
2. The Golem: A conjured man of clay locked in a box inside the Archives. Awakened to protect the veillier.
3. Mad inventor: Must be brilliant but quirky.
4. Various members of the otherkind, which includes wraiths, vampires, werewolves, and demons.
5. Angels who may or may not be helpful.
Eva has a BS in Zoology and graduate studies in Biology. She once taught high school Biology, Environmental Science and Anatomy/Physiology. When not in her den writing, she can be found at steampunk conventions, at work at the raptor rehabilitation center, wolf sanctuaries, or to satisfy her inner Hemingway on some global eco adventure.
Learn more about Eva Gordon below: