Friday, August 24, 2012

Review: Only Scandal Will Do By Jenna Jaxon

 



Kidnapped and sold at auction in a London brothel, Lady Katarina Fitzwilliam squelches an undeniable attraction to the masked stranger who purchased her, pits her wits against him, and escapes him and the scandal that would ruin her life.Unable to resist temptation in a London brothel, Duncan Ferrers, Marquess of Dalbury, purchases a fiery beauty. She claims she's a lady, but how can she be? No lady of his acquaintance in polite society is anything like her. Then he discovers she is who she says, and that this latest romp has compromised her reputation. He knows how that is. One more scandal and he'll be cast out of London society, but he needs a wife who'll provide an heir to carry on his illustrious family's name. He seeks out Katarina, intending only to scotch the scandal, but instead finds his heart ensnared. He's betting their future he'll capture her heart, but does he have what it takes to win the wager?
WARNING: A blade-wielding heroine who crosses swords with a master of sensuality.
Author Bio:
Jenna Jaxon is a multi-published author of historical  and contemporary romance who has been reading and writing historical romance since she was a teenager.  A romantic herself, Jenna has always loved a dark side to the genre, a twist, suspense, a surprise.  She tries to incorporate all of these elements into her own writing.
Jenna lives in Virginia with her family and a small menagerie of pets.  When not reading or writing, she indulges her passion for the theatre, working with local theatres as a director.  She often feels she is directing her characters on their own private stage.
She has equated her writing to an addiction to chocolate because once she starts she just can’t stop.

 
 

 I had the pleasure of watching Jenna construct this story because I am an email subscriber to her blog :)  I watched as she toiled and updated us frequently about he process and her excitement.  Many of us were excited for her!!  So when I saw her creation on the tour list, I knew I had to read it.  Historical Romance is the genre that I started out in and even though I have moved into different genres, this one still holds a dear place in my heart.  I am thrilled to inform you that Only Scandal Will Do made me fall in love with this genre all over again.

Kat, isn't that stubborn to the point of irritation and childishness that is prevalent in many romance novels.  No, she has major attitude to go with all that glorious red hair.  But she admits when shes wrong and trusts her instincts.  She more of a modern-minded woman, and very relateable. I enjoyed her character but I must admit, Duncan stole the show for me.

Duncan was a mystery wrapped up in layers.  His was a gentle fall for her and as a reader, you were privy to the entertainment.  Kat takes him on an extreme ride, which makes Duncan all that more determined to have her.  LOL..He spends majority of the book either chasing her or rescuing her, but I believe he found the reward well worth pain.

This was a completely enjoyable and delightful read.  It had an absolutely enchanting plot, and an unusual story line.  This is a must read for all historical romance lovers.  I enjoyed it immensely and the ending leaves it open to a possible continuation of the series.  Will we find out what happened to Juliet?  I would love to know!!!  Excellent Read!!
 
 

 
 
 

7 comments:

Christine Warner said...

Wonderful review...thank you for sharing!

Jerri said...

Wonderful review!

Brenda said...

AWESOME REVIEW. And I have read Scandal and I L.O.V.E.D it so much.
Bravo, Jenna Jaxon.

Unknown said...

Fantastic review! I agree, Kat was such a feisty independent gal! And Duncan totally stole the show for me too! Love how well they complimented one another. I don't normally read historicals, but I was immediately drawn into Scandal! It was an awesome read!! I'll definitely be reading the next book! I wanna know what happened to Juliet too! :)

Unknown said...

Fantastic interview!!! I have this book on my Kobo.... CANNOT WAIT TO READ IT!!!!!

Jenna said...

Awww, thank you guys so much for the kudos and good wishes! You all rock!

And Nikki, I want to say thank you so very much for your most kind review of Scandal! I am SO glad you enjoyed the book. And I'm working on Juliet's story as we speak(write). :)

Anonymous said...

This historical romance sounds epic.

Disqus for Close Encounters with the NIght Kind

AddThis

Copyright Text