Sunday, May 11, 2014

New Release!!!!! by the great Eve Langlais!!


New Release!

"New Pack Order" 
(Pack Series #4)
by Eve Langlais


Blurb: With the death of Roderick, an evil hybrid vampire, Marc and the other freed wolves should have breathed a sigh of relief. Instead, a new menace has arisen. It will take courage and cunning to battle it–or a cold hearted vampire who, despite his loner ways, not only forms a bond with a shewolf and a rogue, but establishes a New Pack Order.

Marc can’t escape the me  mories of what he did while under Roderick’s mental control, but he can attempt to atone. He begins his quest by saving a female Lycan who needs guidance—and a mate. The problem is convincing her to accept his help, and his love.

Thaddeus has lived too long to waste his time playing the games the other vampires indulge in. However, when it comes to keeping his kind safe from the notice of humans, he’ll do what it takes to stop a madman intent on starting a war. He embarks on a one man quest to avert disaster, but along the way discovers even a killer can become a hero—and a lover.

Antonia might regret losing her humanity, but with a werewolf and a vampire at her side, she discovers an inner strength and passion to not only live, and fight, but to love, not just one, but two very special men. 

Genre: Paranormal/Werewolf Multi Partner Romance (MFM)

"Pack" series order:
Book 1: Defying Pack Law
Book 2: Betraying The Pack
Book 3: Seeking Pack Redemption
Book 4: New Pack Order

*Author’s note: This series is best read in order so that you can understand unfolding events.



Unlike the last time she cried for help, someone answered her call. She managed to stumble in retreat only moments before the door swung open. A tall dark figure bathed in shadows filled the doorway.

Who stood there?

The first thing she noticed was the red eyes. Glowing eyes. She moaned a fearful, “Roderick.”

The menacing shape took a step into the cell and terror melted as she beheld the vampire’s face. Not Roderick, and yet, something about him, something about his presence, his aura, was darkly familiar. The chiseled features of her abductor were anything but evil, though, and she couldn’t help a spurt of happiness he’d answered her call. Her vampire savior back again to the rescue, or her new jailor?

“Don’t fear. It’s me, Thaddeus.”

An interesting name, old fashioned and yet it suited him. 

“Why am I here? Why have you brought me back? Marc said he burned this place down, how is this possible?”

He arched a brow. “Me? I did nothing. I’ve never visited this dismal location before. I’m afraid this setting is of your doing. You drew me into your dream.”

“So this isn’t real?” He inclined his head, and she heaved a sigh of relief. “Thank God. Once I escaped, I prayed I’d never have to go back.”

“Neither prayer nor God has anything to do with it. My understanding is your will kept you alive until the wolf released you.”

“But who led him to me in the first place?” she sassed back. 

Look at her, arguing theology with a vampire.

Thaddeus laughed. “A question scholars could debate for centuries and never come to an agreement.”

“Whatever the reason, I’m glad I escaped.”

“As am I.”

“I find that hard to believe. Why would you care?”

Thaddeus stepped further into the cell, a frown knitting his brow as he glanced around the miserable room. “What Roderick did to you was vile, even by vampire standards.”

“How would you know? I haven’t told you anything.” And didn’t plan to. That part of her life was best left in the past, locked away and forgotten.

“You might not have said anything, but I’ve seen glimpses of it in your mind, and from the memories I’ve ingested.”

“Double whoa. What do you mean by seen it and ingested?”

He turned his attention from the cold stone blocks and focused his gaze on her. “Because you were once in thrall to Roderick, your mind is similar to an open book, easy to read for those of us with the power to do so.”

She grimaced. “Great. Nothing like having your worst moments on display.”

“Your secrets are safe with me.”

“I’d prefer you not have them at all. Isn’t there a way of closing the journal of my life?” Before Thaddeus got to the part where she found him attractive. Don’t think of it. Quick, hide that thought. She shoved it behind a door in her mind and locked it. “Isn’t there a mind trick I can learn to prevent you from reading it?”

“I’m afraid the only way you could close yourself off, at least to others, would be to become a thrall once again.”

Not the answer she’d hoped for. Her lips twisted into a moue of displeasure. “You mean become a slave to a vampire.”

“Not all of us treat humans with disdain, some are cherished companions. Friends. Even lovers.” He flashed a seductive smile, one that shot a sizzling heat to her lower belly and curled her toes.

This guy is so dangerous. And sexy. She tried to keep her mind on asking questions, which in retrospect seemed dumb. If she was dreaming, then his answers meant nothing, but it didn’t stop her from having an imaginary conversation. “You said something about ingesting memories. I assume you mean Roderick’s? How and why would you do that?”

“The how is not important, as to the why, simple. With his memories, even if I don’t agree, I can at least understand his actions, and find those he’s weakened.”

“Why would you want to find them? I assure you the asshats he controlled are not worth the effort.” Except for maybe Marc. Unlike the leering and creepy guys who hung around Roderick, Marc seemed to have a decent core.

“They might not be the most preferable of companions, however, they must be located, because if they aren’t, they will either all die or become slaves to those less benign than I.”

There was that dreaded fear again. Like a ball of burning acid, it hurt her chest. “A slave to someone as bad as Roderick?”

“I daresay worse. Roderick might have used you as a peon in his quest to build an army loyal only to him. But my less-compassionate brethren would use you for sick games and torture, and to start a war.”

It hit her in a moment of clarity. “But they wouldn’t go near me if I belonged to you.”

“You think me strong enough to protect you?” His lips curved in a mocking grin.

“Aren’t you?”

Thaddeus laughed. “Yes. But, the better question is, are you asking me to make you mine? To tie your life to mine until we die? Somehow, I think your wolf might object to that.”

“He does.” The growled reply preceded Marc’s entrance into the cell.

Why did it not surprise her that Marc would also make an appearance in her dream?

She tried to articulate her reasoning. “If I let Thaddeus claim me, then the other vampires can’t touch me.”

“We barely know the guy and you’d let him bite you?”

“I barely know you and yet you expect me to mate with you.”

“To protect you.”

“Just like I would protect her,” Thaddeus added. “I actually think it is a brilliant plan. Albeit, without the wolf. Personally, she could probably survive quite well with just me as her guardian.”

“Dream on, bloodsucker.” Marc took an aggressive step forward, but before things could escalate, she stepped between them.

“Both of you, stop it. This is a dream. My dream. And that means I’m the one who gets to decide what happens.”

“Really?” Thaddeus tossed a wicked smile her way. “Then I should be glad your dream has decided I should kiss you.”

“No, it hasn’t—” The rest of her rebuttal was swallowed by lips as Thaddeus, in a blur, closed the gap between them and enveloped her in his arms—and blew all her senses.

Where Marc’s kiss was a soft, sensual exploration, Thaddeus undertook a forceful exploration of her mouth. He didn’t just conquer her lips, he plundered them.

Where Marc’s kiss woke the wolf within her and drew forth a savage need to claim and give as good as she got, Thaddeus evoked a darker sensuality, one that made her want to let him have his way. To have him take charge.

Each different in their style of embrace, yet she couldn’t have said which she preferred more. But apparently, they expected her to choose. She found herself spun from the arms of Thaddeus into those of Marc, who feathered kisses across her cheeks and down her neck, each spot he touched, tingling with awareness. If wolves could purr, she would have, instead she contented herself with gasps and tiny moans of enjoyment.

A blurring motion and she was back in Thaddeus’s grasp, his fingers digging into her hips as his tongue invaded her mouth, sliding along hers and causing her to shudder as her arousal rose in pitch.

Not to be outdone, Marc pressed against her back, his soft lips nipping at her nape. Thaddeus sucked on her tongue. Marc blew against the shell of her ear. Their bodies went from clothed to nude in her dream, the heat and hardness of their erections pressing against her, front and back. With her eyes close, she distinguished them by the touch of their hands, the feel of their bodies and the style of their kiss.

Her body heated. Her arousal spiraled and she panted. Dream or not, she wanted them, wanted them both. And here, where nothing was truly real, she could do it. Have her vampire lover and the werewolf, too, with no one the wiser. 

She moaned her assent, and their hands tore at her garments, touching her bare skin and…

She woke suddenly, her skin damp with a sheen of perspiration, the towel lost and the sheets twisted around her bare limbs.

*~*
Warning: Blood, temptation and violence ahead. Contains lots of nudity as well as some ménage situations. Titillation is advised.

Presented by Amira Press
Cover Artist: Mina Carter

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I haven't started this series yet, but it sounds fab.

Disqus for Close Encounters with the NIght Kind

AddThis

Copyright Text