Thursday, June 23, 2016

AAD Spotlight: Jamie Waters




INTRODUCING JAMIE WATERS



Hi! My name is Jamie Waters and I just want to thank my super awesome host for inviting me to write this guest blog. "Officially", I write science-fiction and paranormal romance books. Although, I admit to crossing genre lines frequently so it's sort of difficult to pigeon-hole me. Most of my stories have some aspects of science-fiction, paranormal, romance, action and adventure. I like writing spunky, kick-ass heroines and their equally kick-ass love interests.



I've had a love for science fiction and paranormal for just about… well, my entire life. I grew up with either my nose in a book, playing computer games – or competing in Tae Kwon Do martial arts competitions (nothing like a little diversity in your interests). I consider myself to be one of the first "girl gamers" and was playing RPGs when most people had never even heard of them. I got hooked on a computer game series called Ultima (uh oh, showing my age) and started writing really bad fan fiction as a teenager. From there, writing just became another extension of my creativity.



I still play computer games and love reading. I've never outgrown my love for all things science fiction, paranormal and fantasy (as evidenced by the fairies and dragons all over my house). I also have itchy fingers and can't seem to go too long without drawing, painting, sculpting, or crafting.



The book series I'm currently working on is The Two Towers series. It's a dystopian romance set about 150 years in the future in a post-apocalyptic setting. There's all sorts of science fiction, paranormal, romance, and action in the mix. The first book in the series, The Two Towers, was a winner of the Readers' Favorite Award (Science Fiction Romance), the CIPA EVVY Award (Science Fiction), and received an Honorable Mention in the Global Ebook Awards (Science Fiction). It's currently available as an ebook from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iTunes, and most other major resellers. It will be available in print in July. In anticipation of the release of the second book, my publisher is offering The Two Towers ebook for FREE for a limited time beginning on June 23rd.



The second book of the series, Shadow of the Coalition, is scheduled to be released on June 28th. This one is even more action-packed than the first. It features the same characters from the first, and introduces some new baddies. It's currently available to pre-order at a discounted rate. You can check out the live-action trailer here:  https://youtu.be/qIa3Wgf69lQ



I'm currently working on the third book in the series and I'm hoping to have it ready to be submitted to my publisher by the end of summer. *crossing fingers*



You can get more information about my books (including buy links) from my website at www.jamieawaters.com. Links to all my social media sites are there, as well as updates on my current works-in-progress. I absolutely love to hear from my readers! You guys are the greatest and I'm so excited to meet up with some of you face-to-face at this year's Authors After Dark Convention in Savannah, GA in August (http://authorsafterdark.org/). If you haven't already registered, please do! I really want to meet you guys.



This will be my first convention and it looks like it's going to be packed with awesomeness. In celebration, I even bought a jar of Unicorn Snot (no joke) and I'm going to glitter myself up during the Fantasy Ball on Saturday night. I even have wings! I got so excited about all the events – I changed my itinerary and I'm now coming in a day early so I can do a ghost tour and ride in a hearse, and participate in some of the pre-event happenings. There's going to be a ton of things going on (i.e. HEA lunch, Pirate lunch, inflatable slides, Drive-In movie night, fantasy ball, author panels and readings, corset room, tattoos, free swag, giveaways, etc.). It's just a great way to get to know each other without the formality of sitting behind a table and signing books. But yes – there's a book signing too! If you can make it, I'd love to see you guys there! Come play with me!













No comments:

Disqus for Close Encounters with the NIght Kind

AddThis

Copyright Text