Thursday, March 8, 2012

Catch Me: Guest Post and Review with author Jennifer Probst



Good Morning my decadent delights and welcome to this stop on Jennifer's tour.  My my my, do I have a naughty little story to review for you today!!  But first, Jennifer is going to talk to us about character :)  She was nice enough to stop by and say a few words about going deep!!  Take it away Jennifer:


Go Deep...by Jennifer Probst
A warm thank you to Close Encounters for hosting me today. I’m thrilled to be here and thought I’d talk a little bit about character!
We are so glad you could stop by :)  So you have piqued our interest in your title, please tell us more!

As a reader, and a writer, my favorite part of a good story is character.
You can hook me with a great line of dialogue, an exotic plot, or a hot connection, but what will keep me remembering that story after I close the last page? A great character.
What makes a great character?
So glad you asked! Many have different opinions and every person is correct. My own opinion on character is simple: go deep.
If you slowly peel off layer by layer and let me spot the gushy center in between, I’m going to connect with the hero or heroine. I want to be teased first though. Yep, I’m not all wham bam thank you ma’am.
At least, not all the time.
In my novella, Catch Me, we meet Rick Steele, who has some issues with trust. When his fiancée was caught cheating on him, he lost something within himself, and he hasn’t been able to commit.
Enter my heroine, Tara Denton. Her past is simply brutal, and she has the scars to prove it. Her self-worth has been an uphill battle, but she needs to trust she can have physical passion again. Their one night stand through Madame Eve’s service (1NS) bring them together so they can both heal.
The journey’s not easy. In that one night, demons need to be slain, trust needs to be built, and leaps must be taken. Diving deep into a character is key to unveil motivations and gain the reader’s trust. Readers don’t want to be taken into leaps without any concrete foundation. Make a character do something out of character, and you can lose your reader for good.
What type of characters do you like to read about? Any favorite kinds? Come share with me!


Catch Me:
Rick Steele has avoided women since he caught his fiancée cheating, but when he’s talked into spending a one night stand through Madame Eve, he’s not prepared for his emotional and physical reaction to his date. For the first time, he wants more than one night..but he needs to catch her first...
Tara Denton escaped a brutal past and needs one night with a stranger to break down her sexual and emotional limitations. On the brink of recovering her strength and independence, she wants nothing to do with a relationship. But Rick Steele does more than rock her body...he rocks her heart. Tara has to make a choice, and she’s not ready to get caught...

Stalking is highly encouraged and I always follow back!
Buy Catch Me Here!
Coming soon to Barnes and Noble Nook!
My Review:

I was "caught" when Tara described Rick looking like Thor..Can we say yum?  Ok if you don't I will..yum.  Big, blonde, beautiful, and he is a Dom? And Madame Eve?  Please, please make me your next client!!  Ok I'm sorry but I was was totally won over. LOL..but there was also a great story too. This was a second chance story.  Both Tara and Rick had been betrayed by the ones that they loved, even if it was in different ways.  This erotically hot night, was also cleansing and healing for both of them.  Rick found out that he could still love.  Tara found out that sex, with another man, could be intense, climatic, and enjoyable.  But Tara had really been damaged during her last relationship.  Was one night enough to bury her past for good?  Rick hoped so, because he was willing to give her the one thing she really needed.  He just prayed it would be enough.  I loved this quick and endearing little book.  It gives you the warm-fuzzies, especially if your into light BDSM :)  Happy-endings can be kinky too!!






4 comments:

Jennifer Probst said...

Hi Nikki! Thank you SO much for the awesome review! Am thrilled you loved the book, and don't forget, the second brother in the series will be coming soon...you'll meet Rome from Play Me coming soon! Thanks again - just love your site!

Jessica E. Subject said...

I'll read about any type of character. BUT, they need to draw me in. I want to be able to feel what they feel. If an author can do that, I'm a fan for life.

All the best, Jennifer!

Unknown said...

Hi Jennifer!! Hi Jessica! I will be seeing you on here in a few weeks Jessica!! LOL..

Jennifer...How many brothers are there? I really liked this book!!

Jennifer Probst said...

Thanks for stopping in Jessica!

Nikki, right now there are three written and coming out soon. Two may be popping up after that! The next two in the series is Play Me and then Dare Me!! Looking forward to more reviews! Thanks.

Disqus for Close Encounters with the NIght Kind

AddThis

Copyright Text