Wow, Day Four and it is still going strong!
I have been blabbering for months about my husband’s retirement. For those of you who might not know, my husband Les spent 20 years in the Air Force. This September, he retired and I am so excited about this next chapter in our lives. Still, there are things I loved about being a spouse and here are the top five things:
Mel’s Top Five Favorite Things About Being a Military Spouse
5. My children were raised in a diverse environment with people from different cultures, religions and creeds.
4. Being part of something bigger than just an every day job. Families serve too, especially spouses. Support from family is one thing almost every military service member says helps them do their job better.
3. Familiarity. I will be honest with you. I grew up military and so shopping at the exchange and commissary on base, using the facilities…it’s all comforting to a military brat like me.
2. The military family. It’s big, diverse, and oftentimes as annoying as your own blood family, but you can count on them in good times and bad.
1. No matter where you are, you are home.
Semper Fi Marines, book 1
Check out the Trailer
Melissa loved to read. First, it was the books her mother read to her including her two favorites, and the books. She cut her preteen teeth on and read and reviewed in middle school. It wasn’t until she was in college that she tried to write her first stories, which were full of angst and pain, and really not that fun to read or write. After trying several different genres, she found romance in a Linda Howard book.
Since the publication of her first book in 2004, Melissa has had close to fifty romances published. She writes in genres from historical suspense to modern day erotic romance to futuristics and paranormals. Included in those releases is the bestselling . In 2011, Melissa branched out into self-publishing with and the popular military spinoff, . Along the way she has garnered an epic nomination, a multitude of reviewer’s recommended reads, over five Capa nods from TRS, twelve nominations for AAD Bookies, winning both Most Accessible Author and Author of the Year, and regularly tops the best seller lists on and . She recently had her first USA Today bestselling book, The Santinis Collection.
Since she spent her childhood as a military brat, Melissa swore never to marry military. But, as we all know, Fate has her way with mortals. She is married to an AF major and is raising her own brats, both human and canine. She spends her days giving in to her addiction to , happy her husband is finally retired and they are living where the bugs die in the winter.
Rafflecopter Code a Rafflecopter giveaway