Thursday, August 29, 2013

Interview with D.N. Simmons where she talks about her new series The Dead War



Hello and Welcome to The Dungeon!  I’m so happy to have you here visiting and sharing your newest work.  Don’t mind the noise from the prison… err guests, they get noisy during their…treatments..lol. Let me clear a spot so you can have a seat.  Would you like some refreshments before you get started? Well, I did happen to see quite the hunk on my way in…
Tell us a little bit about your new work. My newest novel due to come out September 17th is called “Good Intentions: The Dead War Series”. It asks the question: Can the human race survive being caught in a bloody war between two vicious predators? It’s not going to be your typical zombie novel. What’s different about this adventure is the vampires. Will they help the human race or destroy it?
What first sparked the series idea? I’ve been a fan of horror my entire life. I love zombie movies and the TV series, The Walking Dead is amazing. I also love vampires and one day I was thinking about how “I’ve never seen a movie or TV show where vampires had to square off with zombies.” So being a writer, I wrote the story I always wanted to read.
Who is the character that in your opinion everyone is going to fall in love with? Like my other series, the Knights of the Darkness Chronicles, it might be difficult for readers to choose. I’ve been told by my readers that Vincent’s already high on the fan favorite list. :D
I have to ask, what are the hardest scenes for you to write? Lucky for me, I haven’t come across any scenes that I find difficult to write. I hope I never do.
How would you rate the sex scenes throughout the series? In the Knights of the Darkness Chronicles, it’s pretty high! I held nothing back. I give it to the  readers straight, gay, and bisexual. Never has there been a series in the urban-fantasy/paranormal romance mix genre that dares to be so bold. I wanted my series to be dark, sexy, haunting, funny and exciting. But I also wanted it to reflect the world we live in. I wanted it to be realistic.
Are there any of these in your books?  (Hands one of the toy boxes on the right which is filled with sex toys, whips, body creams, lotions, lubes…and whatever else you can imagine )? Well, I’m sure Darian has all sorts of things to play with. I like to leave something to the imagination of the readers. ;)
How many books do you see in this series? The Knights of the Darkness Chronicles is a complete series, so readers can dive right on in and enjoy each book without having to wait for the next release. Which should be tons of fun!
My new series, I can’t say. It’ll be wherever the story takes me. :D
Are any of your characters reflective of you? Some are, there’s a trait here and there. But they really do have their own personalities. Each character has their own voice  and they are so endearing.
Where can we find you for future updates? (add all your social links here)
My website is: www.dnsimmons.com
I’m so happy you have made this a stop.  Would you like a tour of the…err…levels?   I thought you’d never ask. :D  
I can introduce you to the “guests”, if you just hand me that box back.
*Hands over the box*
Let’s get you suited up:
Wine, mixed drink, or straight up? Mixed Drink.
Leather straps or chains? Both.
Cat-o-nine, braided leather, or chain length whip? Braided leather, it leaves such lovely marks.
Collar and Leash or Adornment? Collar, all the way.
Leather studded bodysuit or corset top? Corset top.
Fishnets or garter-belt? Got to love the naughty elegance of the garter-belt.
Leather pants, mini, or a long skirt slitted up both sides? Mini.
Lace up boots (with or without heels) or come F*** me high heels? Boots with the heel.
Ball gag, manacles, or blindfold? Blindfold.
The rack or the whipping post? Whipping post.
Candle wax or clamps? Candle Wax
Blonde, red-head, Brunette, or Supernatural ? Supernatural. There’s nothing like making a powerful man bend to your will.

While I take D.N. on a tour, please stop by her website and take a look at her



No comments:

Disqus for Close Encounters with the NIght Kind

AddThis

Copyright Text