Thursday, July 7, 2016

AAD Spotlight: Kerry Adrienne








INTRODUCING KERRY ADRIENNE



Hi, guys! I’m Kerry Adrienne and I’ll be attending Authors After Dark in Savannah this year. This is my third AAD as a featured author, and I can tell you that this is one of my very favorite reader conventions.



If you don’t know me, I’m a mom to three girls (22, 19, and 9) and lots of cats and small animals. If you follow me on social media, you’ve bound to have met Tigger and Roo. Maybe Anakin, too (our panther chameleon). We have two other cats at home: Demetrius (Mimi) and Ophelia (Fifi) but they are more normal and not in trouble as often as Tigger and Roo are. My middle daughter recently moved to an apartment and she took three cats, a miniature lionhead bunny, and a gecko. So our zoo is feeling a little small right now.



I also am a huge concert and music fan and get so much inspiration from both. I travel to concerts as often as I can. I really love Marilyn Manson and Green Day (those who know me will tell you that “love” is an understatement). I also enjoy driving my little car, Sheldon. He’s a MINI Cooper convertible and thank goodness he gets great gas mileage because I love to drive him! Whether it’s to concerts or just driving around the lake to think—I try to be on the road with him a lot.



You may not know that I am a seamstress and costume maker. I used to make costumes professionally and I do miss that! Writing takes up a lot of time these days, but I’m trying to figure out how to include some sewing time, too. I play the guitar, badly, and I like almost all kinds of art and creative stuff except cake decorating (for real, I hate that messy craft). I’m a total nerd and love Astronomy and most other sciences, and history, too. I also love shoes. It would sound bad to say I love shoes as much as I love science, so I won’t say it. Haha.



I write in a lot of genres including UF, science fiction romance, paranormal romance, m/m romance, contemporary romance, Gothic romance, and recently even horror and erotic horror.



I have a new paranormal romance—a shifter—coming out right before AAD. The book is called Waking the Bear and it’s actually a story I expanded from a short novella (19K) to a longer novel (78K) for Carina Press. It’s also the first in a series. I’ll include the blurb and links below if you want to check it out.



At AAD, I will be doing lots of stuff. I have a pile of swag to give out and lots of events where I can give it out! I will be doing drinks with readers before the main Welcome Event, and I’ll have a prize to give away at the Welcome Event. I’m hosting a table at the Happily Ever After luncheon, and at the Fantasy Ball where I’ll have a table themed “Creatures of the Deep” because I have a recent erotic romance that has a mermaid (Storm Damaged) from Loose Id. Oh, so many goodies for my ball table! All the authors have fun stuff for the tables that night, and I promise you—you’d better bring an extra suitcase or be ready to ship a box of stuff home. I’m also doing a ghost trolley tour with some other authors, and I will be on a couple of panels. Of course, I will be at the book signing with some books and maybe a fun giveaway.



If you see me at AAD, please come up to me and say hi! I love meeting new people and AAD is a convention where everyone is relaxed and having fun. No weird stuff unless you want it. If you do, message me and I’ll tell you where to find it. >wink<



Savannah will be hosting AAD again this year and if you’ve never been, it is an amazing and gracious Southern city. I love it. We’ll be down on the river and there are so many restaurants and bars and cool places to explore if you are taking a break from some of the AAD activities. The main cemetery there, Bonaventure Cemetery, is a beautiful and peaceful place to visit, if you like seeing historical stuff. It’s different than New Orleans, but still really amazing in its own right.



If you haven’t signed up to come to AAD, there are still spots! With four meals and lots of other snacks and drinks covered, it’s a bargain. Check it out here: http://authorsafterdark.org/



I’ll end with blurbs and links for two books, though I have a bunch more, then my personal links. I’d love to connect with you!



Waking the Bear (Carina Press, Aug 1):






Sexy shifter passion is awakened when two unlikely lovers are challenged by secrets, danger and an unstoppable need to claim one's mate…

For human Amy Francis, the secluded cabin in Deep Creek is the haven she needs to map out a fresh new start. She never expected her heart to be reawakened by a distraction like Griff Martin, commanding yet gentle, too ferociously sensual to ignore. It's clear that patrolling the forest is more than a job to Griff—it's a means of survival. But what Amy doesn't realize is she's reawakened the beast within him.

Griff's dormant hunger is stirred by this intoxicating woman…and threatened by the secret she must never learn. Duty-bound to defend his bear clan against an avenging pride of lion shifters, Griff's entire world is upended when he meets Amy. His animal need to claim his mate has taken hold, but that very desire could seal her fate as an unwitting pawn in battle.

Now, as a shifter war looms, Griff must decide between letting Amy go or following his most carnal instincts. To have her would change his life…but risk everything he knows and was born to protect.

Book one of the Shifter Wars series

Previously published, newly revised by author



Storm Damaged (Loose Id, Jan 2016)






In a world where humans don’t know mermaids exist, Mari leaves her home in the ocean to escape her mother, her betrothed, and her tribe’s expectations in order to make a go of independence on land. Chase, former Navy diver and self-appointed curmudgeon-who-isn’t-worthy-of-love, lost his brother in a freak diving accident and now fears the ocean he once loved. 

Mari’s a mermaid with a plan. She has to get the sexy bartender, Chase, to remain on the island so she can get him into her bed. Trouble is, he’s afraid of the water and there’s a hurricane coming. But with Mari's betrothed on the rampage over a centuries-old vendetta, the storm isn't the worst thing they'll have to face.





You can find me around the social media here:







Also, I have a monthly newsletter where I give out prizes EVERY MONTH. I’d love to have you there! You’ll get sneak peeks and other fun stuff, too. Here is the sign-up link: http://eepurl.com/1T6PX



Thanks so much for having me today! I enjoyed telling you about the upcoming convention. I cannot wait to be there and now, I am even more impatient!









http://authorsafterdark.org/pages/authors.html

No comments:

Disqus for Close Encounters with the NIght Kind

AddThis

Copyright Text