Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Review: Severed Ties by Angie Skelhorn



Title: Severed Ties
Author: Angie Skelhorn
Genre: Paranormal/YA
Publisher: Damnation Books
Release Date: Dec 1 2012
Edition/Formats Available In: E~Book & Print

Synopsis:
By the use of divination and magic, some ties can never be severed.
In the beginning, by the light of the Full Moon, Frankie connects with Candice's energy through dream time and witnesses her involvement in a terrifying act of violence. After receiving information from Sandra that their childhood friend is missing, they pack their bags and head to the inner city to find her.
Frankie, afraid for her own safety, has a chance encounter with a local named Calvin who is plugged into what's happening. Using his workable ideas—as well as Frankie and Sandra consulting tarot, ordinary playing cards, astrology, and spell-casting—they set forth to free Candice from the dangerous situation she is in.

Purchase Links



Author Information


My name is Angie Skelhorn and I live in Canada. My interest include tarot, and other forms of divination, astrology, spirituality, mythology and harness racing. I gear my writing toward Witchcraft and Spiritualism. I've been published in Circle Sanctuary Magazine and online at Witchvox, WitchesandPagans.com and GlobalGoddess.org.
I authored No Reins and Till Death and Beyond - Publisher, Club Lighthouse Publishing. My newest release is Severed Ties - Publisher, Damnation Books- book launch December 1, 2012.

Author Links



 Excerpt 1

Sandra leaned against the door frame, reached into her low-rider jeans’ back pocket and produced an envelope. She passed the folded paper to her. Frankie stared at the picture, reading the words: Child Find, Missing; young female seventeen, eyes hazel, brown hair, height 5’7”, weight 120.
“How could you keep this from me?” she asked, tightening her grip on the envelope.
“I didn’t. Yesterday, my mom received her Visa bill. She gave me the envelope when she saw Candice’s picture. I phoned her parents. They are in the middle of a divorce. Her mom said when they first split, she began to stay out late. Then one day she just never came home.”
“We have to find her. The police haven’t been able to,” Frankie said, waving the envelope.
“We will do what we must do to track her. Did you bring your cards?”
“Yes.”
“Come with me,” she said, grabbing her hand. She dragged her into the dish room stopping to retrieve her Tarot deck from the pocket of her jean jacket.


This book was actually a bit shocking.  I wouldn't have expected the turn of events to take place the way  that they did, but I'm actually glad. This book had a heavy dose of reality in it that will hit some people pretty hard.  It definitely will make you stop and think.  So many people get lost in their own lives and they forget about everyone but themselves.  This book was very well written and I would love to read something by this author again.  This was a very entertaining read!


1 comment:

Angie Skelhorn - Witchskel said...

Thank so much Nikki for taking the time to read my story and for your 4 Spiders out of 5 ranking :)

Disqus for Close Encounters with the NIght Kind

AddThis

Copyright Text