Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Review: Her Wicked Angel by Felicity Heaton




The King of Demons and the Devil’s right hand man, Asmodeus is a dark angel born of evil and created for destruction. When his master orders him to venture into the mortal world and retrieve a female for him, he seizes the chance to leave Hell for the first time, uncaring of what the Devil has planned for her… until he sets eyes on the most beautiful woman he has ever seen—a female who awakens new feelings within his black heart, unleashing passion so intense that it controls him and desire he cannot resist.

He will not let his wretched master have her. She will belong to him.

Liora is a witch with a bad reputation and an obsession with fighting demons. A mission gone wrong sees her sent to Paris to cool off, but when a dark and deadly warrior with a gaze of golden fire lands in her life, she ends up burning hotter than Hell for the wicked angel. Nothing will stand between her and the immense, forbidding male. Not her cousin. Not Asmodeus’s sworn enemy and twin, Apollyon. And certainly not the Devil.

Caught up in a tempest of danger and soul-searing passion, can they survive against the odds and seize their forever after?

My Review:

This was my first taste of this series, but not my first taste of Felicity Heaton.  I enjoyed one of her other vampire series, and was eager to give this one a try.  I wasn't disappointed.  I really like Liora's character!!  She was a naughty and playful witch and one of the first things she says to Asmodeus made me laugh out loud.  Her boldness and just her personality in general made her a delightful addition to the crew.  

Asmodeus was another puzzle all on his own.  He was raised to be evil incarnate, but seemed to have a streak of good in him.  It trickles out little by little throughout this story and realize that his origins do not define him as previously thought.  Liora was actually a fan before meeting him in person.  Anyone that could ruffle feathers they way he did must be someone to watch out for.

The story itself was completely fascinating.  There is a bigger plot coming to a head and pieces of it unfold at the end of the story.  The Devil may actually be more than he leads on to be as well.  There were many interesting characters peppered throughout the book, one being the Devil's daughter.  I believe her story was earlier in the series.  Coming in this late in the game, I really had no problem following along, and I am no fully sucked in.  My only decision now is this:  Do I go back to the beginning or wait for the next installation?  I'm really anxious for the next book!  If it follows along these lines, it is sure to be steller!!

1/2



2 comments:

Amanda J. Greene said...

I love her books!

Felicity Heaton - Paranormal Romance Author said...

Thanks for the great review, Nikki! Glad you fell for the angels as well as my vampires. The next one will be epic (but Her Demonic Angel - Veiron and Erin's story was pretty epic too... and so was Her Guardian Angel). I have to up my epicness with the next one. It's going to be wild.

Disqus for Close Encounters with the NIght Kind

AddThis

Copyright Text