Thursday, June 14, 2012

Review: Consensual Infidelity By: Kaysee Smart

Kaysee Smart thinks she is content with her life of driving the carpool, enjoying play dates and trying that exciting new recipe for the next potluck. But when her conservative husband, Justin, casually suggests inviting someone else into their sex life, a new version of Kaysee emerges. Increasingly intrigued by the idea of a threesome or foursome, Kaysee questions her own identity, wondering if she truly is the “good girl” she has always proclaimed herself to be. Searching Internet sites for sex partners and Googling “how to be a swinger” plunge the couple into a taboo world that most people imagine but few actually visit. As Kaysee and Justin begin to live out this fantasy, they experience a sexual re-start they didn’t know was still possible. They also find that experimenting outside the norm can have unanticipated consequences.

Consensual Infidelity is the true story of an all-American, suburban couple's experiment with swinging and how the experience redefined their beliefs about marriage, love, sex, and fidelity

My Review:

This is the first non-fiction book I have read in......lol....let's just say a while.  I think there lurks within most people a curiosity, and of course the never-ending what-ifs?  I can honestly say that I have never read a book quite like this one and I found it shocking.  Not the details, or even the actions but the simplicity of it all.  This whole situation begins with Justin asking his wife one question.  This question leads to a series of investigation, followed along by a change in there very normal or  mundane sexual relationship. I think most women have experienced an identity crisis either sometime during the raising of their children, or after they leave.  But in this instance, Kaysee comes into this state by her husband asking her about her feelings on the subject.  It was easy to get deeply engrossed in the story because, frankly I am fascinated by how this actually comes a bout.  I had a friend at work that everyone kept steering me clear up and I finally got tired and asked what was deal?  They replied you can't become too close to Mike because him and his wife are swingers.  People are so judgemental, it really does crack me up.  Their sex life was their business and I proceeded on telling them ALL that.  But if your a normal couple just looking for adventure secretly, then it must be just almost impossible.  Strangely, according to this book where there is a will, there is a way.  Kasyee and Justin are about as normal as can be with no traces of kink before they started talking about it.  Then the talk blossoms into a full bloodied relationship with another couple.  I'm sorry but I thought it was amazing.  You really have to be in a completely devoted relationship for this dip into the lifestyle to work.  They seemed to have a real easy go at it.  This was a book that was hard to put down.  I actually was let down by the ending because it ended so real life.  Then I remembered, oh yeah, this was someone's life!!  If you have ever wondered if vanilla people wonder too, then this is a must read for you!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great review, Nikki...makes me want to check it out and I rarely read non-fiction either. LOL.

Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Ooo, this sounds so fascinating!

Disqus for Close Encounters with the NIght Kind

AddThis

Copyright Text