Sunday, July 29, 2012

Guest Post with Dianna Hardy and her book series, The Witching Pen

The Witching Pen Novellas: light, dark & all shades of grey

by Dianna Hardy


The Witching Pen (book one)

It's hard being the most powerful witch on the planet. It's even harder when you're a twenty-five year old virgin who'll lose all of that power the moment you sleep with someone ... that's why Elena's never slept with her best friend and flatmate, Karl, despite the true feelings they harbour for each other.

Elena's about to discover that there are even more difficult things in life to deal with. One of them comes in the form of a pen she discovers one day, a pen that allows anything she writes to come to pass...

Suddenly, it's not just her powers or her heart that's at stake, but her very soul, as a dream demon with a seductive pull uses the pen to try and turn her away from her reality, and from Karl.

But the pen is just the beginning. Everything Elena has believed in is a lie, and her world is about to fall apart... Read My Review!!


The Sands Of Time (book two)


Seven days ago, Elizabeth May tried to commit suicide. She was found by Paul, her husband, who took her under his wing and back to their home. But the attempted suicide is not Elizabeth's main problem -- Elizabeth can't remember who she is, or a single thing about her life beyond the past week.

Plagued by nightmares about a familiar black panther, and a terrifying snow leopard, she is convinced that the dreams are trying to show her something important, and is determined to regain her memories, one way or another.

Meanwhile, Pueblo -- the demon blood-bonded to the witch, Amy -- is going insane trying to find her. Amy disappeared one week ago, and it seems not even their bond is strong enough to penetrate whatever magic hides her.

As Pueblo enlists the help of angels and demons alike, Elizabeth begins to piece together parts of her forgotten life. But what she uncovers may just have her wanting to turn away from who she really is ... for good. Read my Review!


The Demon Bride (book three)

Two thousand and eleven years after the birth of the Failed One, the Witching Pen will be made manifest on Earth by the Great Shanka Witch of the Old Scrolls. By her hand, the Earth will rumble and shatter, and all dimensions will bleed into one.
The true purpose of the Witching Pen has been revealed, and it must be destroyed before an apocalyptic prophecy comes true. There's just one problem -- the Pen is indestructible.

As everyone searches for much needed answers, Elena lays down plans for a radical mission to save her mother from the Shanka's shadow world.

Meanwhile, Mary has finally discovered who she really is, and what that means for the human race.

What Mary doesn't know, is that Gwain has been searching for her for over ten thousand years, and had lost all hope of finding her. Now that he has her, he's faced with an impossible choice: does he save the woman who altered his very existence, or does he sacrifice her to save mankind?   Read My Review!!

Thanks so much to Close Encounters With The Night Kind for having me on their blog today J

I’ve done it! I’ve finally completed a paranormal romance trilogy (although there is another instalment coming – sort of a spin-off book – which is less of a romance and more of an urban fantasy…), and I’ve completed my first ever novel. Yes, The Demon Bride was the first novel I’ve ever written at just under 70,000 words. Before that, I’d only written novellas. 


What. A. Ride!

Not least because I felt all kinds of emotions when writing these books. I was laughing out loud, I was going insane, there were ‘eeewwww’ moments, there were ‘no way!’ moments (yes, even I am surprised by my characters sometimes), there were hot moments (er-hem), and there were moments when I just teared up.

Certainly this last book, The Demon Bride, was all kinds of intense that all the way through writing it, I had to stop after every 1000 words to gather myself before carrying on. There was one point whether I wondered if I would finish it at all; if I had made a huge mistake; if everyone was simply going to hate it… (I’m still wondering, actually, lol…)

Because I do not stick with rules when I write ‘romance’. I write light, fun stuff; I write dark, gritty stuff, and more often than not, both light and dark elements will be combined in the same story. I’d like to think I take my characters to the extreme. Whether that’s true or not, I do take them where they need to go, and sometimes those are some very dubious places indeed. In this series, you get all kinds of romance, from sweet, to fun, to extremely complicated, to bittersweet – I don’t just write one kind of romance, with one kind of hero and one kind of heroine.

In my world, light and dark are ambiguous, love is every shade from pink to scarlet, and life is every shade of grey.

So… readers, do you prefer too read something light and fun, something dark and gritty, or something that combines both?


The Witching Pen Novellas are available in digital and paperback formats. All info and buy links can be found on the series website The Witching Pen Novellas.



And thanks so much to Nikki for taking the time to review this series J


The Demon Bride (Book Three of The Witching Pen Novellas) eBook is released on 31st August, in Amazon stores and Smashwords (other retailers to follow).



The Demon Bride paperback can be pre-ordered from


where you will also find books one and two for sale.



OR preorder the entire Omnibus Edition!



 




Dianna Hardy is a multi-genre author of paranormal things, dark things, poetic things, sexy things, taboo things, and sometimes funny things. She writes about witches, demons and angels. All info about her books can be found on her website DiannaHardy.com



You can also find her on Facebook and Twitter.


Dianna came to me almost a year ago with this series and it was so thrilling to watch her progress and to be able to review it.  Piece by piece this thrilling adventure came together and I was doubly honored when Dianna asked to quote me on the back of her book.  A big thank you to all the authors I have had the opportunity to work with!!  You make what I do loads of fun!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm intrigued by the premise for The Witching Pen.

Disqus for Close Encounters with the NIght Kind

AddThis

Copyright Text