Sunday, July 8, 2012

Review: Heart of a Dragon By: Myra Nour



Can Eric, a tough, handsome Green Beret from Earth, convince Kasha, the stubborn warrior princess of Volarn, that he loves
her? Not before they experience adventure in the haunted wastelands, discover a baby dragon, and explore the hot,
sensual side of their relationship.

Travel back to Volarn for more magical romance and new adventure with King Rhamus's sister, Kasha, and Olga's brother, Eric. If you loved Love's Captive, be enchanted with Volarn Chronicles Book Two. Find out what sad secret makes Kasha run from love. Follow the characters' fox and hound game of love, as each pushes the other to their limits, climaxing in a dramatic rescue that changes everything. Be warned, this book is filled with humor and love that knows no bounds. And an adorable, goofy dragon that will win your heart, so that you will be asking "How do I adopt a dragon of my own!".
My Review:
This is the second book in the series, but can easily be read as a stand alone.  I really enjoyed Love's Captive, but I fell in love with Heart of a Dragon.  It begins with a ship sent to scan for Olga's lost twin brother.  Olga was actually kidnapped in the first book and brought to Volarn in the first book along with a lot of other Earth women.  Eric was a solder and was captured and presently being tortured when the ship arrived.  He possessed the second sight and couldn't imagine how he saw himself getting out of the camp.  He really expected to die there.  It was a good thing  Eric couldn't "see" considering they were from another planet.  He may have started doubting his sanity.  He is in really bad shape by the time the ship reaches him.  He is brought back to Volarn with the latest shipment of captive brides-to-be.

Eric is in awe when he finally does arrive at the place his sister calls home.  They parted on bad terms and he really can't wait to reconcile with her.  The plan was to visit with his sister, make sure she was truly happy, explore as much as was possible, and then return home.  He is blown away by the beauty of the inhabitants of this planet, considering most of them were tall, well muscled, dark haired, and had a complete variety of shades of violet for eyes.  But when his eyes fell on Kasha, he knew his life had changed just in that one split-second.  He just never dreamed is going to become entrenched and completely difficult!!

Kasha was a Greta, which was the female warrior class of the planet.  She could fight, run, and out maneuver most of the men on the planet, even though she was also a princess.  When she finally got to meet Eric she was completely impressed with his physique and utterly fascinated by his dimples and hair coloring.  But Kasha had to tread carefully around this Earthling.  Her bodies reaction to his nearness was unnerving.  Besides she knew she could never really have a real relationship with someone.  She had to many secrets to guard.

I really enjoyed the animals in this book.  One was a Konkol, to which we don't have a comparison because we can't bond with our animals in such a way.  The process was delightful and quite original!!  The second was their version of a dragon..lol.  It was so cute!!  They are vegetarians and act similar to our dogs!  Kasha and Eric rescue a baby one and have an unbelievably humors time trying to bring it back to their home.  Eric was by far my favorite character.  There is something so sexy about a hot solider that loves children and animals.  This book was chalked full of humorous moments and adventures.  There is a sweet magic that seems to flow throughout both of these books.  I can't wait for the next addition!!!



26 comments:

vadeluna07 said...

Sounds like a great book. Looking forward to reading both this one and the first one. Thank you for the great review.

Katherine Rochholz said...

Sounds like a great read!!! Looking forward to getting a chance to read it!!! (There are soooo many on my TBR list!

wyndwhisper said...

thank you for the chance at such a great giveaway. i'm leaving a comment both here and on the other post.

the review was well written and the book sounds great. i didn't know this was part of a series so now i need to rush and get book 1 read so i don't miss anything. :)
i look forward to reading them both and they will be going straight to the top of my TBBN list.

tammy ramey
trvlagnt1t@yahoo.com

Lisa Cox said...

I love it when authors take an animal/person/thing that we all perceive one way and turn it around. The dog like dragon sounds so cute! I hope I get the chance to read both this book and the first one in the series.

Linda said...

Love the review =) and can´t wait to reach this in my TBR pile =D

best wishes, Linda xo

Unknown said...

This review makes me want to read the book... Thanks! Adding it to my wishlist!

Dina said...

totally enjoyed this post thank you

Unknown said...

Loved your review, sounds like a very good read, ty for your review.

Joanne said...

Sounds like a winner. Can't wait to read it.

e.balinski(at)att(dot)net

Stephanie Pflug said...

The book sounds like one I would certainly love to read, and enjoy according to your review.
Thanks for the giveaway!
stephelaine@gmail.com

Carin said...

Love it! Who doesn't want a baby dragon or a hot guy for that matter :O) Carin mawmom(@)gmail.com

Vanessa N. said...

This one sounds awesome and can't wait to read it.

mythic021@gmail.com

Nicole said...

Love the review, going on the TBR!!!

Di said...

I love animals in stories & mystical creatures sound like a lot of fun.

Helen said...

this looks like an awesome read. I am definitely putting it on my tbr list

mcv said...

Looking forward to reading this book!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great fun read....thanks for the review.

authorleighsavage@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a good book. Can't wait to read it. Thanks!

pefrw at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a good book. Can't wait to read it. Thanks!

pefrw at yahoo dot com

lavendersbluegreen said...

One of the best parts of the review is letting us know that although this is the 2nd book in the series, you can read it as a stand alone. I like to know that, so thanks!
- lavendersbluegreen(at)yahoo(dot)com

divavixenqueen said...

Very nice review.

SdyLion said...

Nice review and makes me excited to pick up this author. sdylion(at)gmail(dot)com

Melissa I. said...

I have to be completely honest. Yes, I am one of those people who does not like spoilers of any kind. If somebody is beginning to talk about a book they read that I haven't read yet, the movie that goes with a book or the book that goes with the movie, you just may find me curled up in a ball (not really) with my fingers tightly to my ears screaming lalalalalalalalalalala (really)!! LOL xD My daughter has read a few on my TBR list and I barely let her tell me the first word of the first chapter.

With that said. I read this books description, The first part of the review, so happy you shared that it can be a stand alone (thank you so much, because that is a question I 'always' have with sequels). I skimmed the meat of the review then read your full final thoughts. So, I can say with shielding myself from spoilers of book 1, what I did read above has without question made me want to read this book and the first.

Had to give full disclosure & honesty in my post. LOVED what I did read of your review!! Thank you :)

Pam said...

Heart of a Dragon sounds like a wonderful book. I particularly enjoy when a book can make me laugh, even if I'm crying at the same time. LOL So I like that you've said there is a lot of humor in it.
Great review!

Pam

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the review this sounds like a different yet interesting read.

Dustykatt said...

Looks like a fascinating read thanks for the introduction.

Disqus for Close Encounters with the NIght Kind

AddThis

Copyright Text