Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tell Us Your Take on This with Rachel Firasek


Yep, I know that picture got your attention because it sure stole mine!!  LOL!!  Here with me today is Rachel Firasek, and she is currently touring her book Creating Fate.  But being the creative genius that she is, she decide to take a brake and cater a post just for my viewers.  Be sure you stop in ans give your opinion!!  Take it away Rach:


For Nikki’s post, I’ve been wracking my brain and coming up empty. Seriously. And, then I thought, well, she’s not opposed to a little bit naughty, so let’s make it fun.
I want to talk about wankin’ it. You know, those uber sexy scenes where the hero wraps a fist around himself and strokes until your mouth runs dry and your pits sweat—that’s a sexy image, huh?

In Creating Fate, Dane—sexy hero—had a moment of total sexual frustration when Chloe—prudish heroine—turned him down. He camps out in a bathroom, the tub is his couch, and attempts to finish what she started.

I had so much fun writing Dane’s frustration, but in the end, I couldn’t let the poor guy finish. No relief. He was just too damn cute frustrated. Is that not totally psycho of me? At least diabolical?

Anyway, I hope you’ll take a moment to find out if Dane ever gets relief from the “pulsating, throbbing, aching” and any other description you can think of for his Chloe tool. J

I know this is a short piece, but I really just wanted to get your opinion about self-play in romance. I’m seeing it more and more in straight romance and wondered what other readers think? Do you like it? Does it satisfy anything inside you? Please share.

She gave away her heart…
Giving her heart to a mortal wasn't something the First Fate planned. Losing him nearly shattered her soul. Upon his death, Clotho swore never to love—or weave life—again. Hoping she'll change her mind before it's too late, Zeus commands the spinner of life to take a much needed vacation from her immortal responsibilities.

He had to hide his...
Dane is close to cracking the drug ring he's spent the last two years infiltrating, but needs to perform one last heist to meet the head man and prevent an impending war. An undercover agent, he’s now on the run from drug lords, thieves and with the very woman whose tears make him forget his purpose.

Together they’ll find a way back from the dark.
Chloe will have to put her trust in the man she believes may have killed her fiance, or face an eternity on Earth. Without the desire for life, hope could slip through the cracks of time if he doesn’t love away her sorrow.


36 comments:

Read Between the Lines said...

DAMN love the photo nothing wrong with being a little naughty (naughty is very fun). I find there is nothing wrong with self play in books at all. Depending on the description during the scene it can satisfying for all.

Unknown said...

I love that, Anna--Satisfying for all. :) I love when I read about a man giving it a few tugs. So hot. Thank you for stopping by today!

Lisa (Lisa's World of Books) said...

I don't find anything wrong with it, actually I think that it adds some steam without being too erotic or out there for some readers. Great photo!

Unknown said...

Ah, thank you, Lisa! :) I totally agree. Although, I find myself much more happy when he does it. :)

Theresa said...

And I think it's even hotter when the guy is fantasizing about the woman he wish were working him up and down! Plus, the reader gets to see the reaction he has when he experiences the fantasy verses reality. Was the real encounter with her ten times better than the fantasy he had while alone? And if so, the fantasy is hot, but the real thing will be wwaaayyy better! It builds reader anticipation. :)

Unknown said...

I read a totally hot wanking scene in Aint No Bull. That was a really hot read period but the scene on the porch where he knows shes watching? Just yummy!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel - Yah...hot pic:) I find those sole scenes just as enjoyable as twoesomes, threesomes, etc. because it does tell something of the character - there's a part uninhibited, passionate, perhaps he/she is fantasizing about another character in the book, or a total frustration being answered...there's many bits of information about a person that comes from one of these scenes.

They are definitely worthy of a page or two in a romance novel:)

Hugs!

Unknown said...

Absolutely nothing wrong with it and yes, the pic definitely caught my attention. :) Looking forward to reading this series.

Carol L. said...

Well for starters that picture is awesome . Just the right image to start the day. :) Nothing wrong with it in romance. Builds up the heat and is sexy to say the least.
Carol L.
Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

Debi Murray said...

I enjoy a good "wanking" scene, especially when you through in a bit of female voyeurism...very hot!

suzi1811 said...

That photo has me drooling! Lol! Nothing wrong with a little self-play in books, it can be very steamy and erotic when written like, espeacially if they're indulging (whether knowingly or not) themselves in front of someone else, espeacially if that someone else is who they're fantasising about!

Marisette said...

Interesting Series, love the concept. I agree with most, nothing wrong with wanking. In the right place in a story it can add to the tension, suspense, and romance.

vadeluna07 said...

Definitely caught my interest! Can't wait to give this book a try!

Lisa Richards/alterlisa said...

WooHoo! Awesome pic! Now what was the question?
Absolutely nothing wrong with it. I love when the pages ignite!

wanda f said...

Wow now thats an eye catcher lol.There isnt anything wrong with self play in romance its hot and makes the character more human.

Anonymous said...

Self play is fine in a book It's a bit amusing to watch the characters suffer to the point of having to "help" themselves. And by the end of the book they usually get to get hot and heavy with whoever it is that left them hanging so all's fair in the end. Thanks for the review definitely an eye catcher. lol

PamM said...

I think when they take care of themselves it can be some of the hottest scenes. Leads up to a great together scene a lot of times.

S.A. said...

I think it's absolutely fine to write about masturbation. I don't see anything wrong with it, and in fact, it's a turn on! LOL It has certainly gotten me some steamy, hot sex with hubby.;-)

Author Susan Griscom said...

I don't mind reading about it or even watching. I think it's sexy hot. Just another interlude into foreplay. LOL

Carin said...

I don't mind reading a good self pleasure scene I think it can be way hot!

Jen B. said...

I really can be awesome to leave a guy pulsing and throbbing. I figure it makes them want "it" even more!

Laurie said...

I don't mind reading it, it's totally hot!

books4me said...

oh, yum...great photo! Self play, if written write of course, is HOT and adds to the steam of the book!

Wendy/books4me

Steph said...

Wow! What a post!! I'm definitely intrigued now!

Mary Preston said...

A little self indulgence never hurt anyone & it can be such a deliciously voyeuristic read.

SdyLion said...

I think this is an incredible concept for a book series and have been following it waiting for the release. I love all the authors and think they have amazing talent. sdylion(at)gmail(dot)com

Nicole said...

OMG, you certainly got my attn, wow

btw was there any text under that pic, I don't remember...

Unknown said...

I like it naughty

authorleighsavage@gmail.com

Emily said...

I love the idea behind this trilogy and I can't wait to read all the books!

Denise Z said...

I will appreciate it as long as it is pertinent to the story, otherwise it does nothing for me :)

Unknown said...

Very intriguing love the pic.

divavixenqueen said...

Pic sure did catch your attention!Yep, it sure did. Very
nice interview

ShonaL said...

looks like a fab new trilogy i NEEd to read

Dustykatt said...

Love the pic. Yumm. As for the self gratification scenes I love those too for both sexes. It's just too unrealistic for anyone to think that it's not happening.

angie lilly said...

I have read a few books where they describe the male lead rubbing one out...LOL...and it always shocks me but in a good way. It just not done regularly in books for women and I love it! I have seen it a lot in gay erotica so I think it totally makes sense to have it in straight erotica too!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture Rachel. And I love the idea of self-love in stories - hey it happens in real life too, so why not it fiction. Besides, when it's done right, you actually forget they're going solo because it's just unbelievably hot. Don't stop. Keep it coming...LOL. (Couldn't resist that!)

Disqus for Close Encounters with the NIght Kind

AddThis

Copyright Text